Notices

Poor Gazza

Old 08-22-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Poor Gazza

In the news again for his drinking
Old 08-22-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I thought the same when I saw his pictures in the Daily Mail. He looks so old for his age too.

It was a massive wake up call for me. Alcohol is so addictive
Old 08-22-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

very sad indeed to see him go downhill but sadly its the path that will either save him or kill him
he is lucky as people help him so much, as for many others in his shoes they would of lost it all by now and either been out on the streets with nothing left or died or got the help they need and rebuilt there lives again. i can only hope he finds the help he needs, for me it had to be aa as thats where i found my help and how my life turned. i just hope one day gazza will give in to
Old 08-22-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA member

Gazza has been to AA and did well for a while.Unfortunately he still picks up the first drink and is off on another bender.

He looks awful.So sad.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah I saw the picture. He looks extremely ill. He's had every chance to quit and just can't. Makes me wonder if some people are beyond saving. I'd like to think not.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its "easy" to stop. Its staying stopped...that is the tricky part. Life carries on throwing challenges at you. That's when your AV comes back with a vengeance......

And man does it SCREAM at you when it does
Old 08-22-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Very sad news!!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by heath480 View Post
Gazza has been to AA and did well for a while.Unfortunately he still picks up the first drink and is off on another bender.

He looks awful.So sad.
i went to aa as well when i was just 23 i lasted 15 years and then drank again, i ended up in a worse place than gazza is right now, i looked about 80 hadnt had a meal in many months as booze was my food, i had no money and no one in life to look after me
my life was just a total mess been to prison, lost my business, all the money gone, kids in care ex wife with another drunk
there was just nothing left except the shell of a drunken 24/7 **** head

i went back to aa and got my life back a job, money, and most of all i got my kids back out of care and looked after them as a single parent dad

gazza can do this to if he get back into the rooms but if he has people around him nurse maiding him then there really not going to help him at all

i hope in one way gazza loses it all and no one will help him out, then he might be ready to face himself
i know that sounds hard or uncaring but its not as its the only thing that will save him, then he can be ready to get back on his feet again, however even if he does come back to aa and get back on his feet again there is no stopping anyone from going off again and back to drinking

so i just keep hold of aa as i dont want to go back to it again and seeing gazza in the mess he is in just reminds me how lucky i am that i am not like that anymore