Notices

Tough couple of weeks ahead of me...

Old 08-21-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tough couple of weeks ahead of me...

Sorry I'm posting twice today. Just needed to.

I know I'll be having a tough go at it the next couple of weeks. Going out of town this weekend for a wedding. I'm going to have to stay vigilant and stay strong to avoid drinking. Even not considering the drinking aspect, I would really not be looking forward to it. It's basically a chance for me to be in the spotlight when people much younger than me are getting married and annoying older ladies will bluntly ask me why I'm not married yet and what am I waiting for and the clock is ticking and...ugh. (And no, I can't go..it would be backing out of my role at the last minute)

And then next week, a person I care very deeply about is leaving the country for...well, basically forever. We technically broke up but still care about each other very much, and he's been someone that I've been very honest with about my drinking and my strong desire to stop. The rest of the people in my life don't know how bad I had gotten. He doesn't know the true extent of it either, but knows more than most and has said time and time again how proud he is of me for actually recognizing that this is not right for me and quitting on my own accord. Most of my friends are still in the "eh, you're not that bad" camp. So I'm losing him next week and won't even have this weekend to spend with him.

And also next week I'm going out of town for work...which has always been a huge trigger for me. Airport bars. It's what led to my last relapse. I have no idea why except maybe its b/c you're basically IN the bar just by walking by?? I don't know.

Anyways, again, sorry for the double posts today. I have a feeling I'm going to be posting quite a bit over the next weeks.

Last edited by Lola23; 08-21-2014 at 05:01 PM. Reason: too much booty in the pants (does anyone read these)
Old 08-21-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Don't apologise this is a brilliant post full of fear hope strength independace and courage

Ur amazing
Old 08-21-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Post as often as you want to.

It sounds like you are in the wedding party so you can't not go? You have a day or two to come up with a snappy response for the older ladies who ask you when you're going to get married.

Take a good book with you to the airport and zoom by the bars and find some coffee and nice spot to sit and read.

Sorry your friend is moving away. That's always sad, but you will be able to deal with those feelings.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oops sorry, meant to write...I can't NOT go.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Post as many times as needed!!