Notices

How do I "break up" with sponsor?

Old 08-21-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

There are a lot of musts in the Bb.

Middle of the road Aa doesn't seem to have many or any though.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

One tip I have would be to meet him in a restaurant or coffee shop to break it off. This way, he will have to control himself somewhat because there are other people around. He may not have to control himself at all. He may be calm and collected. Block his phone number afterwards. Does he know where you live?

He sounds smarmy to me!
Old 08-22-2014, 12:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
One tip I have would be to meet him in a restaurant or coffee shop to break it off. This way, he will have to control himself somewhat because there are other people around. He may not have to control himself at all. He may be calm and collected. Block his phone number afterwards. Does he know where you live?

He sounds smarmy to me!
This right here!

The guy sounds dangerous in my opinion!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I've been fired and have had to fire someone in AA. It isn't easy especially when you see them the next few times. But, your sobriety is about YOU, not them or me or anyone else. If something isn't working for you, you need to get it out of your life. Period.

Soooo sorry you are dealing with this. It sounds massively uncomfortable. Good luck and please keep us informed about what is happening. I'll be praying for you and for your sponsor.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post

He sounds smarmy to me!
. . . and THIS! Agree 100%
Old 08-22-2014, 10:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by whalebelow View Post
...There are a lot of musts in the Bb...
There are no 'musts' in the program.

(o:
NoelleR
Old 08-22-2014, 10:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IMadeAUserName View Post
(I am not supposed to speak unless asked a direct question)
What you said above is enough reason to get a new sponsor IMO. The sponsor/sponsee relationship should not be a dominate/submissive type relationship.

The other things you've mentioned are creepy and very unhealthy. IMO it's time to move on.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

sponsorship

dump you can't make anyone drink you can't make anyone get better you're on a life-and-death errand find a sponsor who has taken the steps and has what you want.... as a sponsor we have one responsibility to guide and other alcoholic through the steps so they can do likewise nothing else if we become friends afterwards wonderful the support group is where you can bitch wine moan and complain English helpful advice a sponsor is not a relationship expert on marriage counselor bank...... want to know something else the word sponsee doesn't even exist in any dictionary anywhere this idea of sponsorship has gotten watered down they take people hostage want to be in control because they're full of fear selfishness and ego this process helps us to be God dependent our own conception of God not people dependent read the middle of page 98 in the bottom of 99 top of 100 not being people dependent but God dependence