Notices

Day 10, need encouragement

Old 08-21-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10, need encouragement

I've been doing so well and I know that there will be days that are worse than others. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's my crappy financial situation.......I'm not giving up, but I wanted to post on here for encouragement because I'm just not feeling "happily sober" today
Old 08-21-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jen, there are good days and not so good days. they pass peacefully if we let them. I know I could take a minor nuisance of a day and work into a froth so I could have an excuse to drink. and it was an excuse. because theres no real reason to drink! there isn't!

Can you do something to help you be more at peace? read 24 Hours a day maybe? write a gratitude list? that helped me immensely. maybe make yourself a nice treat, like apple dumplings. makes the whole house smell good! I can give you a quick and easy recipe of you like?

Love from Lenina
Old 08-21-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Life has it's bad days and good days no matter what Jen. Early in sobriety the highs are higher and the lows are lower to boot. Remember though that drinking would only make things much worse. Anything you could try different today? Go to the library and get some books? Take a walk? Have some ice cream?
Old 08-21-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 10 was my WORST. I made it through though! YOU CAN TOO!!!!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Jen, there's always gonna be ups and downs, even in Sobriety, alcohol won't do much to fix things either, it promises soo much but always fails to deliver!!

Day 10 is early days, the body needs time to adjust and heal, that includes both emotions and feelings, it can't heal years of drinking in a week!!

Hang in there, it will get better!!
Old 08-21-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

congrats on 10 days! it is tough in the beginning. I was going through quite a bit when I first got sober - still no job - but I made it through. Even though you maybe feeling down, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes it takes a while, BUT IT WILL GET BETTER.