Notices

Learning to cope weekender thread Aug 22-24!!

Old 08-25-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Yeah when I lived in new york state decades ago we would drive to nj for gas. I woke up tired and sluggish this morning and am hoping my cup of coffee will kick in. Already anticipating the labor day weekend and trying to make plans so I don't end up on the pity pot.....
Old 08-25-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Happy... I plan to start the holiday weekend thread early on Thursday morning. It's a toughie for many including myself. That whole last hurray for the summer. But there is salty in numbers.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Good idea to start the thread early, weasel. I'm sure lots of us have association s and memories of labor day weekends from the past....big party weekend. Not sitting around by ourselves drinking a glass of lemonade! So now we need to make plans and take care of ourselves. For me, a hike in the morning usually gets me through the night before. Also will check the paper for fairs and other festivities. Plan, plan, plan in preparation.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

okay, I got your morning Joe!

Old 08-25-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
But there is salty in numbers.
You know I"m filing this one away for future use, right?
Old 08-25-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

weasel, I'm good with being salty. My lost post. Was about my busy day in yard that ended when I came across poison ivy vine that I ripped out - went straight to the showers after that then made dinner. A heap of kale, carrots and a piece of ny strip grilled plus an intricately made salad finished with grated turnip I pulled.
I got in hot tub after dinner. It seems my wifi signal goes in and out in that location. So I hit reply and just then I was gone. Weirdness.

When I drove to the shore a couple weekends ago as soon as I crossed the Com Barry bridge I notice gas was $0.40 cheaper than in PA.
This morning I put on a flyers T to wear to the gym. This shirt used to fit me pretty good. Now I look like an 8 yr old wearing his dad's shirt. It looked better after it was soaked with sweat though.
Happy Monday to you extended weekenders.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
I just saw that! Too funny. Coworkers looking at me funny for laughing to myself.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
...there is salty in numbers.
Comforting to know. Thanks Weasel.

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Salty in numbers would make a great bumper sticker.

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
weasel, I'm good with being salty.
Yes. I'm definitely more salty than sweet, as well. Glad the Weekend will end later and start earlier than usual .

Old 08-25-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Well here: if we're gonna make co workers look at us strange...

Old 08-25-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Boulder Home Boys

Joe Walsh was a fixture 'back in the day' around Boulder when I was there on the fringe of the Music Scene. His first and next Discs were recorded up at Caribou Ranch, West of Boulder. The Walmart Clan just snapped up Caribou for 'only' $32.5 Mil, and plan to [have to] leave it as is. Their Statement was that it would become some sort of 'Family Retreat'. On >4,000 Acres. Or, that's at least what size Caribou Ranch used to be.

The Equipment from the Barn-type Studio was just moved to a 'side' Building at the gorgeous Red Rocks Amphitheater to be part of a R&R Museum. A Pal is working part of that Project, so I got to see some insider 'stuff' prior. Neato Burrito stuff for this Geezer Bassist. Walsh tips his Hat to the Barn he recorded his first Solo Album at; the first Recording ever done at Caribou.

On this Track below, Bassist Kenny Passarelli does his usual fine job on this Track. He was a Boulderite, too. This happy lil ditty has about THEE best Acoustic Gee_tar sound ever laid down on Tape IMO.

I'm moving on today to new, more remote, Lake-side Campsite with fringe_y Cell Reception. So, either I'll check in again later, or I won't.-)

Carry on my Wayward Sons [and Daughters].

'Happy Ways' ~ Joe Walsh & Kenny Passarelli

-----------
Old 08-25-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Carry On? OKAY!

Old 08-25-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Sober Scenery

A fine day here in Camping-ville.

After packing up this morning at a leisurely pace, I meandered West to a National Park Service Campground and decided to go cushy. A Level Concrete Pad AND E_lex_tricity! So, it's the luxury tomorrow morning of reheating Pressed Coffee by Microwave instead of by ancient Camping Coffee Pot on the lil Trailer Stovetop. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I spent some time Lake-side and snagged some old Crawdad Fishing Setup that had been discarded [a long piece of Yarn tied to a Branch]. A bleached-out 'Dad Shell tells me they're in there, since this is the largest Body of Water in Colorado. Could be Dinner tomorrow night...

Using a small Wok as a Reflector to intensify Signal behind my Air Card Modem mounted remotely, I hopped on to an ancient '1x' Cellular Network on a distant Hill at 'OK' speed. Blazing Connectivity at - oh - 2x or 3x the speed of original 'Net Dial-Up. No Streaming Video tonight for me!

In another lil favor from the Universe, the Campsite Host Family Dude came by in a Golf Cart. He gave me a bunch of surplus Firewood, so it's a decent Campfire tonight to watch amazing Stars by. A real treat, and no double vision to contend with.

I went a few hundred yards up this Canyon below to try to snap a Pic that does this Ancient Seabed justice. The Rocks below the Canyon Dam just to the West are dated at over 1 Billion years old. So, there's a lil something to ponder while we all place ourselves in the Universe.

Adios from >7,500'. Sober on until next Thursday.

--------
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Curicanti_1.jpg (83.6 KB, 14 views)