Notices

Day 8

Old 08-21-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8

Day 8 checking in folks, had this weird panic thing in my sleep last night, woke up shouting for help ughhh weird!!

Anyways here I am, sober!
Old 08-21-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi. Given time things will get better and better IF we don't drink. Hang on, it's that simple.

BE WELL
Old 08-21-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you are staying strong! I am on day 10 myself, we can do this!!
I have trouble sleeping so I am currently taking a non-addictive over the counter sleep aid (Zzzquil). It assures me a good nights sleep and does not leave me drowsy. I have had some pretty wicked nightmares coming off of alcohol.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day is fantastic!! Keep it going!!
Old 08-21-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

See those days just keep ticking by! Well done on 8 days!

Yay!

L x
Old 08-21-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Struggling on folks , feeling PROPER angry and narly and SAD just messed up emotionally! This better improve SOON because I can't do this for much longer
Old 08-21-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know those feelings chilledice, I know them well. But I will tell you form experience it is not worth throwing away your 8 days of clean living for. I think it is really normal to go through periods of anger and sadness. Of course we want to be clean and sober, but having lived this life for so long it does lead to bouts of mourning for what we once *thought* we loved. It is hard to make these changes. It is sad to think of never enjoying alcohol again- because let's face it, **% of the time we were probably drunk and out of control, but there may have ben moments where we were fortunate (through no strength of our own, just simply fortunate) to drink reasonably and maybe enjoy a glass fo wine with a fine meal or a cold beer while watching the sunset. That can feel sad in the first period of sobriety. I think we will come to find that it is nothing to be sad about, we CAN and will enjoy a fine meal or a sunset on the beach or a wedding or whatever without alcohol, but now, it is normal to feel sad and feel like you miss something.
Anger is also normal. I feel ragingly angry sometimes that I just cannot be normal and drink responsibly. It is infuriating! Why me? Why did I have to have this nasty disease that I cannot act like a normal person and just enjoy that one glass of wine? Why why why? It makes me very angry.
But it is what it is. We have to go forward with the cards we have been dealt. Go ahead and feel the sadness and anger. But let them fuel the fire within that keeps you sober. Don't use them as excuse to drink.
You can and will get through this and be happy that you did so without turning to alcohol.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the encouragement :-) I have a severe amount of emotional pain inside and now I have to face it RAW! But I'll keep on trucking forward!