Notices

4 days...

Old 08-20-2014, 09:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 days...

I've been sober for 4 days and I caved and drank a bottle of wine to myself tonight. I feel so pathetic for being weak and caving. I just want you guys to reassure me that I can make this change. I feel so weak and helpless right now after making this terrible decision to drink. When I drink I also smoke cigarettes and I ended up buying a pack tonight. This makes me feel even more helpless against myself. I hate hating myself and what I do and when in that state of mind it's hard to think that I can ever make a change. I just need some support right now...
Old 08-20-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Anyone can change and quit drinking if they truly want to Arya. Tomorrow can be a new day, make sure to drink some water, and get some rest tonight.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

For some reason some of us have to destroy ourselves befor we are born again as non alcoholics thats where im at , im on day 3 after going through 3-4 months of week long binges consecutively, im going to take it hour by hour literally I know I can do it and you can too im praying for you.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We've been there. Exactly where you're at. So yes, it can be done. You sound like you're ready. It's your turn now. Let it happen, it's the way to be.
-Ted
Old 08-20-2014, 10:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Arya when you wake up it's a new day. You can start fresh. Today is a great day to be the sober person you want to be. And so is tomorrow!
You can do it!!
Old 08-21-2014, 03:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi. Many do not like change, they can’t do AA, don’t like this or that and are undisciplined to follow directions that will help in their survival. So be it, this so called living will only get worse if we are alcoholics and continue to drink.
For too long I searched for the softest easy way to get sober, like taking another pill society wants to cure everything. Getting sober is work, staying sober is work and change is required like it or not. It takes time and perseverance and more work.
In the end it’s well worth it when we look back at where we were headed.

BE WELL
Old 08-21-2014, 04:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Some of my symptoms associated with binge drinking and some of the stuff I've done drunk is so embarrassing... it makes me despise alcohol.

I feel for you. I have no advice, but I feel for you.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

4 Days is fantastic!! Don't throw it all away due to some thoughts, thoughts aren't actions, you get to decide to have a Sober night not alcohol!!

Hang in there!!