Notices

day 4

Old 08-20-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up day 4

this is my 4th sober day....I am feeling good, nervous and really weird like a death has occurred inside me. I know if I do not keep my sobriety I will die. This weekend will be tough with the horse events, etc. I have phone numbers to use and verses to read.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done on day 4 What are you doing to get through urges? What are you doing instead of drinking?
Old 08-20-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

You have got through the worst days in my opinion of the physical withdrawals, but you have to take it simply a day at a time and find ways of dealing with urges if and when they arise, nobody will tell you it is easy but you seem you want this and that is half the battle won.
Take care.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Well done!

I have a suggestion -- don't wait to use those numbers you have. Call them, say hello, ask how they are doing. It's a good habit to get into.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Smart. Keep those numbers and verses handy. and if you have some event where folks drink a lot (usually at the end/late), leave early.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! Day 4 is fantastic!!
Old 08-20-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am using the numbers for the first time ever, in the past I would go to a meeting collect numbers and not do anything with them, I am using them! I feel like my love affair with wine has died and I am grieving the loss of the "other"? Seems so weird.... I have been super busy with my 4 horses and it feels great to be with them sober for the past 4 days. I feel super tired and extremely HUNGRY?! I am not sure I had any withdrawal...I have been a binge drinker and my last drink was 3 bottles of white wine on Saturday night...I had a long black out period I remember being at the barn, and woke up in my bed full of vomit... this is very scary to me....mind you a year ago I fell and broke my nose in 2 places and got stitches in my face after having 90 days of sobriety... and I blacked out after a large vodka and cranberry...that incident should have been enough for anyone in their right mind never to drink again?! This time I am using this forum, I can not understand my addiction I do not crave alcohol but each time I go back to it....it gets worse and I truly never want to go back. I am 45 and until the past 6 years I was never a drinker...weird!
Old 08-20-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Horses are more fun when you are sober. I have enjoyed mine the last two weekends and actually enjoyed them. Got up early, felt good and went out to the pasture with a handful of treats, a bucket of oats, and a gigantic black coffee. Keep up the good work!!
Old 08-20-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justme21 View Post
this is my 4th sober day....I am feeling good, nervous and really weird like a death has occurred inside me. I know if I do not keep my sobriety I will die. This weekend will be tough with the horse events, etc. I have phone numbers to use and verses to read.
my fourth day too! missing old friends i cut off, missing and feeling confused about so much n so many things
super tough this is
we got this
Old 08-20-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's always plenty of support here justme- use it!
you can do this

D
Old 08-20-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

4 days - nice going! You sound determined. We're all rooting for you justme.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 5 and feeling like I could sleep forever, feeling blue and out of sorts. I will turn all this over to God and pray.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

How are you doing today justme21?