Notices

Im so low!

Old 08-19-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
You need a little Dane Cook on crying I think sweetie : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uTFBKiE18Y
Lmao that was GOOD!!
Old 08-19-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I can really feel your pain behind your words, G hope you gain some solace in knowing you're not alone x
Old 08-19-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You think a drink will make you feel better but it will exacerbate the depressive feelings. It took me a long time to believe this. I felt it made me feel better but it magnifies emotions. You think it makes you more as ease when it deadens inhibition for awhile and increases anxiety. When I was on vacation recently, I couldn't help but feel this idea that it is so wonderful is all around us. Even the air traffic control tower at the Cancun Airport has a huge Corona bottle on it.
cancun atc 2.jpg
Old 08-19-2014, 09:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
Im scared about anti depressants , the side effects are often suicidal feelings!
There is some truth to that, but it's not universal. And the benefits often outweigh the risks. It's at least worth talking to your doctor about.

Hang in there, Chilledice!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Keep on going, China! You can do it.

I had panic attacks for about a month after I stopped. They just came out of no-where, for no reason and I was absolutely terrified. They gradually diminished in frequency and after about a month were more-or-less gone. I probably started off with 2 or 3 a day and by the end of the month they were down to about one every 5 days or so.

I didn't go onto anti-depressants because the doctor reckoned they would take a couple of weeks to become effective and she recommended a wait and see approach. I'm glad I waited now.
My attacks were quite random and made me petrified. What I found helped was to be around people - when I was alone was the time they normally occurred. They didn't last long, maybe 10 minutes, but it was a paralyzing feeling - I know what you're going through.

But it's worth it, Mate, it really is!
Strength to you and all the best,
Bruce.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Chilledice -

I had some occasional panic episodes during my first few months being sober too - they went away as my brain re-adjusted itself back to normal from years of ingesting a depressant. Cutting back on caffeine helped.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BruceSA View Post
Keep on going, China! You can do it.

I had panic attacks for about a month after I stopped. They just came out of no-where, for no reason and I was absolutely terrified. They gradually diminished in frequency and after about a month were more-or-less gone. I probably started off with 2 or 3 a day and by the end of the month they were down to about one every 5 days or so.

I didn't go onto anti-depressants because the doctor reckoned they would take a couple of weeks to become effective and she recommended a wait and see approach. I'm glad I waited now.
My attacks were quite random and made me petrified. What I found helped was to be around people - when I was alone was the time they normally occurred. They didn't last long, maybe 10 minutes, but it was a paralyzing feeling - I know what you're going through.

But it's worth it, Mate, it really is!
Strength to you and all the best,
Bruce.
Thanks China, feeling a lot better today just riding out the waves of panic and darkness that comes over me! I HAVE TO stay sober for my health and I will do just that
Old 08-20-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks for the input and encouragement guys,much appreciated!
Old 08-20-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Chill, it takes some time for our bodies to get back in balance, make sure you're eating well, take some of the B vitamins, B1 B6 and B12. Talk to your doctor about about what might be best. Don't take the B12 at bedtime, it might keep you awake. Take the B1 and B6 at bedtime, it helps the body recover, check with your doctor for dosage.

Try to get some exercise daily. Take a 20 minute walk in the sunlight, it helps the body to get natural light. I think it's best in the early morning. Also, write a gratitude list of ten things you are grateful for daily. I like doing it first thing and then reviewing at the end of the day. look for new things to appreciate and be grateful for daily.

We do get better. We have to work at it, though. Just don't drink.

Love from Lenina