Notices

Told I have to go to ER asap

Old 08-18-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Told I have to go to ER asap

So I called the social worker from this morning she told me, you need to hit the ER, you are truly troubled, that you are not processing things correctly this morning I saw " a paranoid, scared man delusional man". She went on to say that the state system has flaws, and yud need to go to the ER right away!

She said, you were very troubled this morning, and need immediate help and that if I am an ER transfer for mental issues that can help. Well so much for outpatient she has scared the hell out of me.

I was repeatedly told, you presented with some really troblng issues, and I wish I could of committed you, I will still seek a medication appointment, but Jeremy you are messed and you need help here and now. Go to the ER don't worry about the bill, stop making excuses get your arse to the ER tonight and get help.

So now after feeling good about myself, I guess I am off to the ER 2, 3, 4 this morning and telling someone else about what is going one. Damn, I don't want to do this, this is most certainly going to end in an inpatient hold and detox at the hospital.

So TDG is committed, he is going to be up for hours, and watch some moves and talk with his wife, and then go do this sleep deprived and scared. Again thanks friends, becoming quite the saga and soperatic event.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

TDG sometimes we need to let go and trust the people who are here to help us. You have a lot of support here at SR, keep that in mind.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think you need to follow the medical advice you were given. We can't give medical advice here.

I think there's a point where posting here needs to take a backseat and you need to get the medical help you've been advised to take.

Good luck with it, mate. But please follow your doctors orders.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ah, Jeremy I'm sorry to hear this, but I really think this is going to be such a positive thing in your life. This is the opportunity for you to get things sorted out and for you to feel good about yourself and your life. I'm sure it's very scary, but I know you will be able to get through it. Please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I think that may actually be how it is done. We had someone in our family suffering very badly and after checking her out it was physically it was deemed psychological. After an yet another incident I begged the ER to not just patch her up but help us. That was what we were told to take her to an ER that had facilities for mental health.
The ER doc there determined that she did need to stay (which is what we all wanted) and have someone help sort things out for her. She wasn't in there very long but it was the first step. Nothing is worse than hearing you can't get an appointment with a psychologist for 3 months when they symptoms are so horrible.
They really didn't do much more than get her out of crisis mode but they did get her out of that. Her GP helped immensely so I suggest you work with your regular doctor thru this.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for keeping us posted TDG. We are with you. You are doing the right thing, even though it looks frightening.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
p***enger

Yes, I agree you're doing the right thing. Get the treatment you need. It looks scary from the outside but it's still something you can do one moment at a time. Follow the suggestion of the social worker. Some things can't wait for an appointment. We are with you.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You showed tremendous courage in reaching out for help and setting this process in motion.

I wish you continued resolve as you take the next step in your journey.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You are doing the right thing by going, TDG. We've got your back. I've been there too - scared the wits out of me, but to be honest once you get there and let the doctors take care of you, I bet you'll feel very relieved. Again, we're here to support and listen.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keep us in the loop TDG
Old 08-18-2014, 11:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hang in there TDG! They will help you get sorted out.