Notices

Day 2

Old 08-18-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Made it a meeting yesterday. My sponsor was there, greeted me with a heartfelt hug. We talked for a bit, making a new plan on this journey. Felt great to wake up today without any alcohol in my system from the night before. I am full of so much fear right now. Of everything. Not because of alcohol, but alcohol only made those fears worse. Today is a new day. Easy does it
Old 08-18-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yep, easy does it, one day at a time. Glad you're going to meetings and have a sponsor.
Best to you.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

YAY for you!
Attached Images
Old 08-18-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ontherightpath, congratulations on day 2 again.

What seems to be getting in your way? Are you totally committed to sobriety? Does your 'sponsor' suggest anything new for you to stay on track? Something isn't working.
Take a hard look at your motivation and goals. What can you do better this time?
Best wishes for success.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
ontherightpath, congratulations on day 2 again. What seems to be getting in your way? Are you totally committed to sobriety? Does your 'sponsor' suggest anything new for you to stay on track? Something isn't working. Take a hard look at your motivation and goals. What can you do better this time? Best wishes for success.
Honestly, I feel like I lose interest. I forget how bad it was. I forget about the emotional roller
Coaster that sobriety brings me. I am usually pretty gung-ho in the beginning. And sometimes I allow a simple argument
To set me off and then I drink at my spouse. Or I drink at my clients or my coworkers. Or I am in a situation where I feel confident that I can have one or two..... Then 2 weeks later I am back to drinking socially or drinking at home, not getting drunk, but having drinks, cuz that what's normies do. Acceptance, 100% acceptance has been my biggest obstacle. And not picking up the phone to call someone one and say "hey, I wanna drink". I haven't worked the program for a long time. I'm ready. I'm really ready. And I know I have said it before. But I'm so grateful that I have come to this point, without major consequence. I am lucky, and blessed. Regardless, my drinking issues don't define me and I cannot allow them to. I know I have a drinking problem and that my life is unmanageable. I'm working on that acceptance.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you know, the only thing that helps me is to KEEP MOVING!! I don't even care what it is anymore, but as long as I am moving, I am not so tired, not so busy thinking about drinking... and I feel better.

Keep moving!!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for your honesty otrp. One thing you probably already heard in the rooms is "YET". I didn't get arrested "YET". I didn't get into an accident "YET". I didn't lose my job, "YET". I cruised through the last couple years of heavy, unreasonable drinking. The only one who it affected was my partner - not really. It took me losing my job to wake me up. Funny thing is I had intended to stop drinking (slow down) before this happened.
You are in a position to put this all behind you before your big "YET" happens.
Think about it. Those first few months for me WERE a roller coaster of emotions. I was also dealing with losing my career simultaneously with quitting drinking. Dealing with letting down my spouse and no income along with learning how to cope with everything else without alcohol (my best friend) all at the same time was tough.
Get yourself past the first couple months. Even one month.
It gets easier, it really does.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yep, all familiar with the yets. My list was getting bigger. I didn't end up where I was. But this time out was surely a road to destruction. Thankfully I opened my eyes and my heart before that. I'm more concerned with each single day. I can't project too far into the future, because I get restless and uneasy. A couple months seems like such a long time. All I have is today and I am going to do what I need to do to stay sober, today.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job on day 2 Ontherightpath. It does feel good to wake up without having a hangover and mentally clear.

Even in times when you can't sleep, waking up tired is much better than tired with a hangover and foggy minded.

Tomorrow will be day 3 for you!

Keep it up.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

One day at a time
Old 08-18-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm on day 2 aswell - best of luck!!! xx
Old 08-18-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 2 is fantastic!! Keep it going!!