Notices

New

Old 08-17-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New

Hello,

I hope to meet some people who can help through sharing stories, what's worked, how to cope, and how to maintain sobriety.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'll tell you the first week was very difficult for me physically. The second through 2nd through 4 th weeks I was extremely emotional and had a real breakdown around four weeks, just scared. Craved lots of sweets! Then things lifted a bit the second month. I'm only 78 days but around 70 days am feeling like a brand new person. Happier overall and cravings maybe three or four times a day. The first few weeks cravings were prob around every five minutes!! Hope this help.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Sharing our stories is what we're all about! Here's some good threads to join:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-11-a.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

...and some good reading:

Stories of Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 08-17-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi sloanz, welcome to SR.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sloanzj

D
Old 08-18-2014, 02:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Sloanzj!! Great to have you onboard!!
Old 08-18-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. I hate having this disease! There is always a trigger. Alcohol has claimed the lives of both my parents, 56 y/o 4 years apart my mom three years ago. My moms middle brother passes 3 months after her, and her youngest passes 3 weeks ago. I'm terrified I'm next. I have a great job great, wife, and I still go off the deep end after ingesting any amount of alcohol. I only binge which usually starts with a social event. Last Thursday my boss and other executives schedule a dudes night out. I'm pressured to go where sure enough it's mostly about drinking cocktails and smoking cigars. We all drink pretty responsibly but I continue to stop and have a couple of martinis on Friday then Saturday it all falls apart. My wife is at work and my in laws are babysitting so I go out have a nice lunch , drink two drinks but instead of going home I stop at a place by my house. I end up drinking and drinking until the next thing I remember is I'm at home reving my engine outside only to be waken up by my wife who is furious and rightfully sends me on my way until I sober up. I took a taxi to a hotel and now I've got to deal with the destruction I've caused. This is how it always ends up. I can go for a couple of months until some event will come up and then i start off small and totally lose it. I need help not taking that first drink no matter what. I'm sure that is the hardest part. Thanks again for your warm welcome. James
Old 08-18-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

James, welcome and glad you found SR.

Sorry for your losses. You can do this and are not alone in this fight.

Stay close to this site. Read as much as you can here and post often.

You can do it, as you said, just avoid the first drink at all cost. It isn't worth the pain.

Best of luck.