Notices

Feeling wiped out

Old 08-17-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling wiped out

This has been an exhausting weekend. First the stress with my friend and then all the problems with my 81 yr old mom. I did go to a new AA meeting this morning and shared about my feeling stressed and overwhelmed. It was a really small meeting so I had a lot of time to talk. One person said I was smart to not go to the memorial service/party for my friend's dad because she said if she had she would have been drinking. Another said I am thinking about things as being black and white when really there is a gray area in life. And while my friend might be hurt and upset with me it could eventually lead to a deeper relationship with her.

There was a lot of what I believe is called "cross talk" at this meeting. People commented a lot on other people's shares. I thought that wasn't permitted but it was actually quite helpful to me to hear thoughts on my share.

After the meeting I made calls about touring memory care/assisted living facilities for my mom. It is going to be difficult for many reasons and her smoking doesn't make it any easier (since none allow smoking). But, I feel like it needs to be done.

It just feels like there is a lot of turmoil and upheaval in my life right now but I am just trying to keep one foot in front of the other and not drink today. And try to not think about tomorrow!!!
Old 08-17-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do this snakes!! SR is in your corner!!
Old 08-17-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There was a lot of what I believe is called "cross talk" at this meeting. People commented a lot on other people's shares. I thought that wasn't permitted but it was actually quite helpful to me to hear thoughts on my share./QUOTE]

Actully getting feedback and not just giving a monologue to blank faces can be helpful.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One day at a time Snakes good work
Old 08-17-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey, Snakes. I've been following your story and I'm rooting for you. I think that you made the right choice in not going to the memorial service. The decision helped to keep you sober, and perhaps your friend will grow to understand the difficult choice you had to make.

Of course, we don't get to choose our challenges in life, or when they arrive. But imagine the sense of accomplishment when this is all behind you and you are still sober!