Notices

Strange food cravings

Old 08-17-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
misanthrope

Strange food cravings

Did you have weird cravings when you quit drinking? Since I quit 4 weeks ago it's been Shreddies cereal, Peanut Butter sandwiches and Ice Cream.

You?
Old 08-17-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I think the most craved item on here is ice cream. However, anything loaded with sugar will do the trick. Completely normal!
Old 08-17-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sugar to substitute all the sugar in the alcohol I was no longer drinking!!
Old 08-17-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm actually headed to the store right now for a donut or three.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just got some white chocolate fudge. Pure sugar.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

I was told by my sponsor to try chocolate not a lot mind ! Well that turned in to me eating mount junkmore and I have had to start dieting recently as i got a teeny bit overweight and it is working I am going running for 3-5 miles at 5.45am and I'm going to start weightlifting soon aswell

Strange foods ? Pickled chili peppers i like them for unknown reasons I just like them, even when they are hot

My local shopkeeper and I are always sharing recipes he is Indian and I absolutely love something his wife makes for me and the wife it is called mattia it is like roysters crisps but just round flat and super thin yet there is chili and a herb in it and it has more bubbles than roysters it is magical I suggest it to anyone but have been told its painstaking to make and plus I can't even find a recipe online he has tried to tell me but his English isnt great

Or there is this Portuguese rice dish that is so nice with beef chorizo and vegetables my gf mum made us one today it is dinner tomorrow it is completely covered in chedder cheese oh boy I'm getting hungry

Where the shreddies lol I love sdhreddies and co co pops
Old 08-17-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have never really been into sweet stuff but I now crave chocolate! I have had none nearly every day for 17 days! I am also meant to be on slimming world and was doing well with weight loss, but I reckon it won't be as well after this weekend! :-(. We shall see Thursday! That's weigh day! Had two Snickers ice cream tonight! I just keep telling myself it is better than a pint of beer! ( in moderation of course!)
Old 08-17-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
I'm actually headed to the store right now for a donut or three.
Or 3 lol
Old 08-17-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Just a word to the wise. Never buy a pint of Nen and Jerry's

Pretty bad even talking about it gets me flustered haha. Hit send by accident.

Now, to continue the glorious thought. A pint of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie with a spoon. This is deadly. However it's most likely because I stopped eating anything but fat free frozen yogurt and to have real ice cream was a treat. Yup, before I knew it the whole thing was gone. Hey, at least I didn't act like an ass and start saying obnoxious things after I finished it.

Seriously though I have been extremely good for 4 months now. A treat every while is in order. In the beginning it was anything I wanted.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am currently craving beef ALL THE TIME.

There's no way I'm eating as many calories as booze contains. 1 fifth of rum and mixed with coke is something over 2000 calories. I'm hoping I'll be dropping a lot of weight.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I craved watermelon. I was eating almost a whole one per week!!! I think I got over it now.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Who said Ben where's jerry lool

All or nutting, karamel sutra, salted peanut caramel ( not Ben & Jerry's just shop own premium brand)

Cookie dough is nice but all or nutting is mega kilo giga terra !!!
Old 08-17-2014, 10:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I've been stuck on ice cream.. Can't seem to crave anything else but that.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes ive craved rice crispies cereal, icecream, chocolate. I ate so much food today lol
Old 08-18-2014, 12:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

funny, I am hypoglycemic(?-spelling?). so I havent touched sugar in years, outside of the booze, of course. When it comes to sweets, I haven't touched them in ten years, I have the pavlov's dogs response to them. But just this week, after 2 years sober, I wanted some. I had 3 choc chip cookies near bedtime with a glass of whole fat milk -- It was sooo good. I had no reaction whatsoever from it. SO, now have had it 4 nights in a row. I have to stop becaue i'm adding 350 cal's of sugar at 11pm. I'm so happy I'm not getting sick from it. I'll have to go back to my usual late night snack of unsweetened almond milk and fiber 1 cereal. 80 calories, NO sugar. I guess me not having all the sugar from alc either helped clear up the hypo, or I can take a bit w/o getting very ill. I'm not going to push it though. Worked too hard to lose 70lbs. And to Brasa, Watermelon great, here to, buying up to 3 per week, so plentiful now and cheap. $2 each at roadside stands.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

EEEEeeeeeerrrrrr Don't wish to sound odd but my craving is fish since I stopped.. I used to have it once or twice a week but now about 5-6 days a week.. Not really craving sugar unless the fish is laced up on it!!