Notices

Keep fighting the good fight

Old 08-17-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keep fighting the good fight

Hello,

Gosh I haven't checked in forever but I still come here often. This place helped save my life. I'm just over a year sober and probably the last few months is where I think I'm really starting to come out of the fog of it all. The first few months it was the awesome "pink cloud", then I seemed depressed for a few months (I think it's called the sober depression). After that I think all the emotions of life started coming back and just felt all over the place. Then things just started to kind of fall in place. My job is super stressful but I had my best sales month in 4 years last month. My reationship is healthy, my friends (even the party friends) are super supportive. I just turned 40 and found this peace that I just can't explain. Don't get me wrong, it's still tough and takes recovery and work to not drink everyday but at this point in the journey, I'm thankful for soberity and proud of where I am. I know the dark place so many of you're at and just hope you "keep fighting the good fight" because it will get better.
I also wanted to thank all of you especially everyone who is on here helping people day in and day out. You do make a difference, you made a difference in my life.

Thank you
Old 08-17-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

1 Year is fantastic!!
Old 08-17-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACH32 View Post

"keep fighting the good fight"
you remind me of me
for that is the same advice that I share often with ones wishing to be sober

and stay sober

M-Bob