Notices

My friend read my message and is not responding

Old 08-15-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My friend read my message and is not responding

Well I can tell my friend read my message because it says read at a particular time but she has not responded to me at all. Feeling ******. Maybe I should go.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stick around here and read around the forums. Maybe SR will get your mind off your friend, at least for awhile.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your friend just lost her father. Don't you think she has a lot more to focus on than whether or not you're coming to the memorial?

That's your AV telling you to feel sh!tty. Stick w/your gut. Focus on you & your sobriety - not what others may (or may not) be thinking about you.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

One of the things I had to get used to was people not being pleased with me all the time.

I used to be very complaint - I hated conflict and I wanted everyone to love me - then suddenly I changed. I was standing up for my own needs.

A lot of people weren't happy to hear a no from me - but my real friends got over it.

D
Old 08-15-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all. You are very right. And, I am being selfish by thinking she cares although I would. Yes, I am a super compliant person and this is all new to me.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Understandably she probably is quite busy at the moment, but at the same time you need to look after your Sobriety at the end of the day!!
Old 08-15-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I just had on of those 'oh dear' moments...

My best friend was at a jam I was at last week - he wants me to come and jam with some guys who were there with a view to gigging in a couple of weeks - I said I can't...I'm moving next week.

I could go and jam today no worries, but it's not fair of me to commit to something now and then say by the way I can't make practice for a week or maybe more.

I know my mate is disappointed and yeah, that makes me wish I could help him out...but I also know I've made the right decision and he'll get over it

D