Notices

Tomorrow morning I will most likely be jobless sadly

Old 08-15-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

TDG, you did the right thing by posting this. And, you did the right thing by calling into work and asking for time off to deal with your issues. I hope that your job will be there for you, but the main thing is to see a dr and do whatever you can to feel better.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

TDG, really sorry to hear about your troubles but as people have said it sounds like you are (bravely!) doing the right things.

(P.S. -- I'm also very sorry about that snarky post I made on one of your threads a while ago. I do regret that.)

When you called work this morning were you able to speak with someone live?

If you only left a message you should call again to make sure they know the situation sooner rather than later.

Hoping that things are in the works for a decent accommodation by your workplace.

Wishing you all the best in your life's journey.

~~~ healing vibes sent your way ~~~
Old 08-15-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I love our beautiful little online family.

Forward we go, side by side...Carol D.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

TDG,

You need to see a Dr right away, both to get help and to get him to write up to put you on FMLA. You may be able to collect on your company's disability insurance while you are off work under the FMLA act. If you have that kind of insurance then you will get it.
Legally you cannot be fired for utilizing FMLA.
This will give you time to rest, get medical help and some time for the meds to kick in.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

While I don't take an Antipsychotic I’m familiar with the class of medication and I'm so glad you are choosing to see a doctor.

I applaud your courage in admitting to the voices and hope to put in perspective any stigma you may feel.

If one’s cholesterol is high- they go on cholesterol lowering medication. If one's has difficulty processing sugar- they go on insulin.

Unfortunately the majority of society is not at the point where an ‘irregularity’ in the brain is accepted as readily as an ‘irregularity’ of the body.

To be clear- I'm not a doctor and will speak in general terms about auditory hallucinations and their treatment. And to be clear- you are not ‘crazy’. If you want a label- consider yourself “Dopamine Challenged” .

It is believed that auditory hallucinations are the result of an excess of a chemical called Dopamine in the brain. An antipsychotics’ purpose- quite simply- is to reduce the amount of Dopamine in one’s brain.

While antipsychotics and insulin work differently, their purposes are similar. Both products are introduced to the body to help it regulate itself. Try not to buy into the stigma over taking medications to resolve sympoms in the the brain rather than in the body.

Congratulations again on your resolution to further take care of yourself.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your reply's, its around 3 pm and no reply from work yet, but I am hanging in there. I placed the decision on them, one way or another, I am no longer in control and I accepting this fact. Now is and will be about me, going to get help, handle my mental issues and deal with everything else on a later date.

I know they know situation and laid out my situation plane and clearly for them. I am not going to sweat today! For now I am focusing on being happy, not drinking, and just getting on with the day. Yes today is long and hard, but I am actually feeling some relief with my honesty and doing something I normally wouldn't do.

Thanks again for all your replies, what an awesome community, thank you SR
Old 08-15-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope theres a good outcome TDG

D
Old 08-15-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Live View Post
TDG,

You need to see a Dr right away, both to get help and to get him to write up to put you on FMLA.
I agree -- this would be very important at this time
some slack during this period
only to find out later that by not taking the proper steps
the income that they may have had they have not
and find out that a doctor could have been great protection for them

MM
Old 08-15-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Actually, it isn't all on them. If you present documentation from your dr backdated to today, which should be no problem, then they cannot fire you legally.
It also gets you disability payments.

oops posting same time as above and he's right.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I have no insurance right now, but will go to the mental hospital on Monday, I couldn't do it today because I was waiting for my job to respond. They didn't so now on Monday I am going to be brutally honest with the doctors and see what happens. If I get no payments or unemployment doesn't work out, I have 45 days of living expeses saved up, so I am not in any immediate danger.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post

I have 45 days of living expeses saved up, so I am not in any immediate danger.
no immediate danger but please plan ahead
45 days flies by in no time

don't be caught short

MM
Old 08-15-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

TDG, you have been so supportive of me, I want to try to offer support to you in any way I can.

You've made many brave decisions today, and as a result, things will be looking up soon....

Getting disabiliy through work would really be a great thing - take some financial pressure off while you are getting the medical help you need. I can tell you that last year I was able to collect short term disabiliy through my employer, while I was in an IOP.

Wishing you all good things!
Old 08-15-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Sounds like you've got your priorities straight TDG. I am using a long-term medication (called an SSRI) that is for anxiety/depression, and it's really helped me. You're not alone, many of us have turned to medical professionals to help us live more manageable lives. If you can quit drinking, you can also do this. Stay sober, stay strong, and good luck with the weekend.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thinking of you TDG and hoping all turns out ok. I am rooting for you!