Notices

How long into sobriety before dating?

Old 08-15-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

pet -- baby bear

this made me laugh : )

i would soon learn how to get my own way even with a bear lol

i have the right one now for me we dont live together we have sperate lives jet enjoy each others company, when we can see each other
its working out well as being the best of friends rather than me needing her to change my life for me
i didnt need a partner i needed a nurse maid someone i could hit out on in life if things didnt go my way
the girl i have now teaches me so much in how real love is suposed to be instead of the selfish love i think love should be

its a painful waking up lesson to know my thinking has always been wrong or that my penis has ruled my head either
but it took a long time to wake up to this hence they say to wait a good time before even trying a relationship
today 10 years on i have grown enough to give my girlfriend her own life and i can lead mine
we are planning on going out for a long weekend in a week or 2 time no kids from either side just me and her time
that was impossable for me to do years ago i would of wanted to move in after a week lol
Old 08-15-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I had a similar situation to Wastinglife, I went on a first date, a set up, 2 months into sobriety. I ended up drinking on the date, and everyday after that again. I have a little over a month again, and I am taking the advice now to wait a while, maybe even a year, to put myself in that situation again. I need to be happy and proud of who I am first before sharing myself with someone else. At least now I've learned, and I know dating in the real world is a trigger for me right now.