Notices

Going on a date..

Old 08-14-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Happy and giggling for you, Nuu!!
Old 08-14-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I love it that you talked non-stop, and just a hug at the end - for now - is perfect.

I like this guy.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Again thank you : ) It is actually kind of special to share this...well, what feels like a first..or at the very least, a throw back to my youth..the innocence ..no..what is the word..oh gosh, I don't know. Basically, my pre legal age drinking years..feels like the only time I truly got to know the men that were in my intimate world..
And it feels refreshingly like that..
I can't believe it has been that long since I got to know someone honestly and intimately sans alcohol. I mean two of my serious relationships started as a result of what I intended to be a one night stand and completely drunken ones at that. Yes..they were. With others I think I waited until the 3rd date before I got hell hammered and slept with them. Hmmm...but I always managed to get at least heck hammered on the first date..but I limited the er um...action so to speak. Oh gosh..TMI TMI ..

Ah well...I don't have to pass any of ya on the street : )

So yes, this is all very refreshing and ... well, a very special thank you to AASharon for your lovely thoughts. My intention is for complete honesty. He already knows I no longer drink because I once drank too much...which I shared in messaging prior to the date. We talked so much bout everything else last night...never got around to elaborating any more on that. There really wasn't any need to anyway.

He had two beer himself..and then switched to diet cola. Didn't bother me in the least that he was indulging. Okay..I did envy his ability to "take the edge off a bit"...cuz my internal insecurity radio sounded alarms every now again.
"Oh my gawd, that just sounded really stupid"..or "I have just completely forgot the point of this inane story I'm telling..why am I telling it?".

After a couple of drinks...do I even care if I sound stupid or what the point of my stories are? No...not at all.

So ya..it's all good. I am so very excited to face this all..head on...for real : )

Even if that's him deciding the date sucked and he doesn't contact me again. I'm down for that experience...
But if that is indeed the experience..
Be prepared for that whiny arse post Friday night.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Oh Nuudawn...I love that you shared this.

This is so much me. For the past I don't know how many years, first dates have always been me getting too drunk to feel stupid. Yep. I totally get everything you're saying in your post.

I need to start dating again at some point and just thinking about a first date sober makes me nervous and I'm SOOO glad I'm not the only one who feels like that! So impressed that you went in head first and had a good time.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Nuudawn, I have a feeling there will be many more dates ahead of you! No guy would spend that much time talking if he didn't feel some sort of connection and attraction! Enjoy your new sober way of dating and take pleasure in the simple things such as a hug or holding hands....
Old 08-14-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Nuu- How exciting! Glad to hear it went well. It seems like SR is like having a bazillion big sisters and big brothers waiting at home for you! How cool is that?

Lisa.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

How did it go? Hope it went well. I've been on a few sober dates now and I'm becoming more comfortable with it. It's a social skill I need to sort of re-learn but I'm happy with my progress so far. I actually listen to what the person has to say now instead of just wondering if it is too soon for me to order my next drink, or figuring out where and how much I'll be able to drink the rest of the date, or after the date ends. I don't miss obsessing over that garbage!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thumbs up
Old 08-14-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
quat

Glad you had a nice evening, Nuudating , fingers crossed no whiny Friday(the guy would have to be some schleppy Canadian to pass up another nice evening)