Notices

Not 100% but huge progress - Thanks SR

Old 08-13-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
In Recovery

Not 100% but huge progress - Thanks SR

After 15 years of heavy drinking on a daily basis, step 1 was to remove the hard alcohol from my drinking. I was successful for a full year, I no longer crave it, I stuck to 3.2% beer and it worked. I soon realized the hardest part was to quit smoking. I couldnt smoke w/o a beer, vice verse.
After 6 months of quitting smoking, which really sucked, I am safely down to where I was 20 years ago. A couple beers a few days a week. I admit I do like the taste since I dont drink soda (haven't for 3 years).
Have been in a daily workout routine and safely regained the 15 lbs I lost when my pancreas hated me.
Monday was a great day. I finally got my drivers license back after not driving for 3 years! Feels great! After taking so many social programs and AA, etc. which none of them worked for me, so I stumbled upon this forum. I tried sobriety and easily relapsed over and over, so I decided to inch my way to my goal, and it's worked!
Thanks SR!
Old 08-13-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's not something I could personally do, but if you are making strides forward in your own personal journey then great job!!
Old 08-13-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I also couldn't do it. Too much effort to force myself to only drink 2 or 3. I usually want more. Even if I only drink a few for a few weeks it's only a matter of time till I drink more.