Notices

I could really use your advice

Old 08-13-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I could really use your advice

I stubbled on this by accident while trying to make sense of a very disturbing revelation. My 21 year son, it was brought to my attention is starving to death. He lives in another state far away from me so I don't see him and has never been very communicative with me. My daughter received a call from him. In that call he said he tried to kill himself recently. Another daughter who lives in the same city saw him and he looks like "skin and bones". He told her he was really hungry and doesn't have any money for food. He does have a full time job, by the way. I saw a picture of him on Facebook. I didn't even recognize him at first. He looked like a Nazi concentration camp prisoner. My very first thought was, you only get that horrific looking that fast from meth or crack. I'm scared out of my mind. I don't know what to do. He is lives on his own with a couple of roommates. He suffers from depression and at his young age is already a convicted felon. He told his mother he is " selling a very scary drug". His mother could careless. She does not love him. I don't know what to do or how I can help him. I love my son dearly, I know if this continues he will either end up in prison or dead. I don't have the financial resources to fund any kind of rehab. I recovering from a horrible financial disaster myself. I don't know what to do. I'm so scared! Any suggestions would be so helpful. Godbless.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Wish I could help you with that. Maybe you should check out our Friends and Family section.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I have grown children and your story sounds just horrifying.

We have a section for people who are friends and family of addicts, you might get more responses if you posted there.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Be well.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

The Salvation Army offers free rehab for anyone who wants it.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can find help for your son.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

prayers of hope for you tonight....

I don't have any real good advice for this... is there any way you could go to him?

Seems like it would be worth a shot.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ryno032709

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Welcome to SR. I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I have grown children and your story sounds just horrifying. We have a section for people who are friends and family of addicts, you might get more responses if you posted there. Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information Be well.
Drugs are a terrible thing and I am sorry to learn about what must be a very scary and frustrating situation for you - wanting to help but not sure how.

The only advice I can give is to echo what Nonsensical said. Visit that form and talk with some others who may have experienced similarities to your story. I wish you and your son the best!