Notices

Day 31

Old 08-12-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 31

I thought I was Day 32 but I used the sobriety calendar and I think I miscalculated...so I am at Day 31 again. I'm not good at calculating things which is why I have 3 kids.

Anyhow, surviving with the French. Club Med definitely keeps me more active but the downside is the place is mostly full of French people. No offense to the French but I find them not very friendly and they all dress the same which sorta drive me nuts! Like ALL the men and boys wear knee length slim cut shorts and a polo for the day and then for night, it's a button down long-sleeved shirt, usually white with straight-legged jeans. Like they ALL dress like that. LOL my son wore his swimming trucks to dinner and a t-shirt...

And the women seem to all wear the exact same length mid-thigh dress. And they wear these swim bottoms which only people with thin bottoms should wear, only they ALL wear them. They are borderline thongs and some women just should not be sporting them. It has the wedgie look, as if someone pulled their bottoms up.

And OMG, my daughter, my 4 yr old I should clarify, her hair was such a rat's nest yesterday after a day of swimming and etc...and the little French girls had little buns...we're on vacation people! Lol

It's actually kinda good because I find my husband so attractive here compared to the French men because, although I really like a feminine side, I don't want my man to look like a woman. These French guys dress so feminine, my husband looks so beastly next to them. My husband looks like a terrorist if he doesn't shave for a day. Before we go to airports, I always remind him to shave! He looks a bit like Mark Ruffalo, that's who he gets compared to. His hair is wavy/curly so he keeps it short but in this humidity it is really wiggin out! Lol...so he looks even more beastly next to these French guys...and I realized, as much as I always thought I liked feminine guys, nah, I like guy to be guys. I like beastly. Can't believe I just used that word 3 times in a paragraph.

So, staying sober despite the fact that I keep getting wine pushed in my face. It's probably good wine too as it's a French resort.

I did have a thought last night, and that was, if I drank every time I was given an opportunity here, I would be drinking all day long. And I was getting the little voice saying, yesterday, oh just one drink won't hurt...but I ignored it. Somehow.

I think I would come to Cancun again, just not Club Med. Me and my beastly husband and disheveled children would probably fit in better at the Hard Rock or something.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Soberjuly

D
Old 08-12-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job staying sober! Enjoy your vacation!
Old 08-12-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 31 days!!!
Old 08-12-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Soberjuly!!