Notices

I do NOT want to feel this way....I just don't

Old 08-11-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I do NOT want to feel this way....I just don't

Suicide. I will never understand. Sad for the ones left behind, just wondering. Coulda', woulda', shoulda'. My family has been the last ones standing and it is heartbreaking. Heartbreaking forever. Addicts, celebrity or not, young or old, doesn't matter. So why am I denying myself my DOC.... Why not give myself some peace before the final curtain? Just out of rehab in June, suicide two months later. Where was his hope? Where is your hope? I feel so sad and ****** up inside. My head hurts and I just want to sleep for a month. I am not liking the way I feel right now.

Peace and hope to you. Blessings.

Pam.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So why am I denying myself my DOC.... Why not give myself some peace before the final curtain?

because the booze-peace isn't real, Pam.

and i hope you will find ways to peace for yourself , positive ways to real peacefulness.

booze and DOC's ain't where that's at.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree - ultimately it just brings misery Pam. There's no relief, and certainly no hope, when we pick up.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

We have to find that new DOC called living. It's not easy but when you find it, it beats whatever I was chasing down before sucking down wine.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Pam, this feeling will pass as it always does. You just have to keep on keeping on. Tomorrow is a new day, I'm praying for you now...
Old 08-11-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Pam, I know how you feel. I remember when Whitney Houston died thinking the same thing at the time. "Eff it, why not just use (drink, in my case)?"

Tonight in my AA meeting we spent the last 10 minutes talking about Robin Williams and someone voiced something similar to what you said and what I thought awhile ago when Whitney died.

Thing is, as tragic as his death is, it didn't need to be. This disease will certainly take all the power we give to it and try to kill us...but there is no reason to ever, ever give up. And as tragic as suicide is for the person who took his/her own life, it's 1000xs worse for those left behind. I know that from first hand experience with an alcoholic family member who was battling mental illness and decided to take his life when I was a kid. It was devastating. I can't even imagine the hell that his wife and kids are experiencing right now.

And for all the Robin Williams and Whitney Houstons, there are thousands upon thousands of others who keep fighting the good fight and, by their example, give each of us the courage to keep going.

My dear friend Nuudawn said on another thread that we are each part of the fabric of life and we each play a role and you never know when one word, one look, will save another person's life. Wise, wise words.

Hang in there, your strong spirit has always inspired me, and I am sure I am not in the minority here.

Hugs and prayers to you tonight. It's OK to be sad, but this too shall pass.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I too was very bothered by this

Raider,
Robin Williams death has also left me very troubled. It was interesting when they said he was going in to rehab to "refresh his sobriety" but denied he had relapsed. They were trying to protect his image, its unfortunate how many people look down on alcoholics as pieces of cr*p. I am vrey disturbed, an dit goes to show how alcoholism does not discriminate.
I further found out today that my sister drinking has turned into full blown alcoholism, I am very worried for her. I am afraid she is following down my very path.

Sad day.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I feel your pain. One of my friends, and member of my NA home group, just committed suicide on Wednesday night.

That's where addiction takes us - death. It hurts so bad but it's a harsh reminder that that is without a shadow of a doubt going to be me if I don't stay sober. I WILL die. I should be dead already with all the crap I've pulled and I'm only 18. I can't imagine how terrible my life would be, if I would even still be alive, in 5 years from now If I don't stay sober.

God bless.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Raider- please don't do anything that will only give temporal relief or even worse the news we all heard! Will be prayin for you so Hold On Pain Ends
Phil4:6,7 & Ex15:2
Old 08-11-2014, 10:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Raider. I'm sad too. It'll pass.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Pam... I'm glad you posted this. I understand how you feel now; I feel very ***ed up myself today and it had nothing to do with his death initially, I literally just heard the news a couple hours ago. I woke up in a depressed mood already and then had a day full of troubles, and this news... I also had friends die of suicide and other ways due to addiction and depression. I am with you tonight about the feeling. Hang in there, we can do better!
Old 08-11-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

When my gran died i used it as an excuse to go on a 3 day binge .

I made her death all about me (selfish drunk) and i wasn't there for my dad , aunt or uncle .

For our addictions to use someone else's death as a justification to use is not very nice, i really didn't want to be that selfish person anymore when i realised what it had turned me into .
My Gran died on the 1st of september 2011 i realised this and haven't had a drink since the 3rd of sept 2011 .

Be clear whats going on here P , stay strong , m
Old 08-12-2014, 03:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

So why am I denying myself my DOC.... Why not give myself some peace before the final curtain?
Our addict voice is so despicable that it will use a tragedy like suicide to make you think that getting blitzed is the answer - but drinking is not peace for us Pam. It never is and if it really was not one of us would be here trying to stop.

I don't know why people suicide - I know why I tried, and it was because I fell for the lie that I would always feel that way - that despair.

I think that voice was a different manifestation of the addictive voice we all know.

They both lie and we have to never ever forget that,

D
Old 08-12-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I read an article last night regarding Robin's struggle with addiction. He talks about a relapse with drinking where one day he was passing little bottles of Jack Daniels..and a voice told him "it was alright..just have one.no big deal". He bought it. He drank it.

He referred to that voice as his "lower power". I hadn't heard that term before but I found it incredibly interesting...

I would sometimes get exhausted just watching that man in interview...that mind going constantly..it was hard to keep up with his rapid fire associations. Many articles have spoken of his bi polar issue..

He left an astounding legacy. I feel only sadness and loss...and perhaps greater insight into the importance of managing our own minds, spirit...
Robin was subject to an uber competitive, unfair to the aging...oh I could go on and on bout the soulless he may have witnessed in that industry.

Hope you are feeling better bout all things Raider.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Where was his hope? Where is your hope?
Hope is both a noun and a verb. It's not just something you have, it's something you do.

Interestingly, the more I do it, the more I have it.

My AV likes to tell me there is no pont in hoping. My AV is full of ****.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Suicide can be devastating for those left behind!!

Hang in there Pam!!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

If we could find peace, real peace through our DOC we'd all be using right now instead of a site about recovery! We can NEVER afford to forget that this is a disease! It must be treated as such for real peace to ever have a chance! Stay strong Pam and reach out!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jakec View Post
I feel your pain. One of my friends, and member of my NA home group, just committed suicide on Wednesday night.

That's where addiction takes us - death. It hurts so bad but it's a harsh reminder that that is without a shadow of a doubt going to be me if I don't stay sober. I WILL die. I should be dead already with all the crap I've pulled and I'm only 18. I can't imagine how terrible my life would be, if I would even still be alive, in 5 years from now If I don't stay sober.

God bless.
I'm so sorry. Sending much love and healing thoughts your way. xo
Old 08-12-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you. I'm still clean....
Old 08-12-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Never doubted it Pam

D