Notices

I do NOT want to feel this way....I just don't

Old 08-12-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Happy to hear that good news Pam. It was a rough night.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It always shakes my sober core when someone I know or am familiar with ends their life. It is a reminder how real depression is for me and that I must be vigilant in my recovery from depression as I am in my recovery from drugs and alcohol.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It became clear to me that my drinking problem was really just an slow, insidious form of self abuse, or dare I admit, suicide?!? So for me to say that I hate the selfish act of suicide (and I do) seemed hypocritical when I was actively drinking.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hole you are feeling better Pam, big hugs. x
Old 08-12-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good strength, Raider. Glad to hear it. I love your posts and look for them.

Thanks.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I do understand why people sometimes choose suicide. When I made the choice, I had been in such deep despair for so long that once I made the decision to end my life I felt such a relief. That sounds like such a bizarre thing to say, but I can only tell you how I felt. The thing is, I was so far from reality I could not see what it would have done to my children, my family, my coworkers, my students...because I had experienced a mental break, I was not able at that point in time to grasp the impact my decision would have. The only thought I had was to be released from the despair. To make it stop.

I'm so sorry that he experienced that sort of despair and I'm glad that suffering is over for him. I'm also sad for his loved ones who will be forever changed. I hope someday that with increased awareness and education those suffering can find a way to come back from the edge without going over.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
If we could find peace, real peace through our DOC we'd all be using right now instead of a site about recovery!
Thanks for that. I tried for years to find peace and I never found it in a bottle. Staying sober can be a struggle, however, I have a sense of peace and contentment I never had before.

Watching my two grandkids play together today just made my heart swell and just made me realize how precious life is and how thankful I am to be here with them. It makes me sick to think that I might have missed this.

Be strong Raider!
Old 08-12-2014, 09:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

This is where this disease can take us. To the darkest days of our lives. When we stay strong and stop poisoning our bodies with false, temporary moments of happiness we can become well and whole.
Attached Images