Notices

This thing called life........

Old 08-11-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This thing called life........

Just so tired of getting bad news! Sober or not I'm just plain sick and tired of all the BS with this thing called life. Just one thing after the next. Day after day...seriously remember why I drank so much.

Sigh...whatever. Just here to vent along with just being tired of lifes constant shoveling of manure. Can't get a break even if I stepped on a crack.

Just talk on here as it brings me a little bit of peace knowing I'm not the only one dealing with stuff.

Also RIP RW
Old 08-11-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are definitely NOT alone...there's so many of us dealing with the same issues....talk away...i just got here myself, hoping it's a place we can lift each other up!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm with you.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You aren't alone. Whenever I read "this thing called life" I think of the 1984 prince song "Let's go Crazy." I always feel better after listening to it. These are part of the lyrics.

Dearly beloved, we have gathered here today
To get through this thing called life
Electric word life it means forever and that's a mighty long time
But I'm here to tell you there's something else
The afterworld, a world of never ending happiness
You can always see the sun, day or night

So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills
You know the one Dr. Everything'll Be Alright
Instead of asking him how much of your time is left?
Ask him how much of your mind, baby
'Cause in this life things are much harder than in the afterworld
This life you're on your own

And if the elevator tries to bring you down
Go crazy punch a higher floor

If you don't like the world you're living in
Take a look around you at least you got friends.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are no different than most other people. Everyone has ups and downs and crap thrown their way. Some people are starving to death, some kids parents just watched their child take their last breath because of cancer, children are being beheaded in other countries .

There is always something out there that (if you let it) can bring you down. Learning how to deal with it in a productive manner is important. Once I started focusing on the good things (even if they were small or hard to see) as much as the bad... Life got much better.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
You are no different than most other people. Everyone has ups and downs and crap thrown their way. Some people are starving to death, some kids parents just watched their child take their last breath because of cancer, children are being beheaded in other countries .

There is always something out there that (if you let it) can bring you down. Learning how to deal with it in a productive manner is important. Once I started focusing on the good things (even if they were small or hard to see) as much as the bad... Life got much better.
Of course I know that. When you're the one going through whatever it is you're going through one doesn't look at everyone else "usually". Of course theres always something going on with someone rather it be good or bad. I'm simply saying I'm tired of the BS. Ups and downs or however it's described they are what they are. You have no idea what's been going on on my end. What if I did just see my kid take his last breath? You have no idea!
Old 08-12-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by getright15 View Post
You have no idea!
You are right, we don't. Why not share and maybe we can help. I used to think I was the only one going through a certain situation and then once I opened up and shared it I found there to be many people that have had the exact same problem.

So, what is going on?
Old 08-12-2014, 03:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope whatever is going on that things turn around soon getitright.

I was having a pretty crappy week but i tried to stay positive and it all turned around tonight. Best wishes man

D
Old 08-12-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there getitright!!
Old 08-12-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GracieLou View Post
You are right, we don't. Why not share and maybe we can help. I used to think I was the only one going through a certain situation and then once I opened up and shared it I found there to be many people that have had the exact same problem.

So, what is going on?
Basically had a complete meltdown today! The post was written yesterday, but today is a whole other story! You guys asked so I'm not trying to complain so anyways...Lost job in June, denied unemployment, how is forclosure, aunt finally lost her battle with colon cancer, vehicle repossesed, denied health insurance from the state so now I can't afford to see my therapist anymore. I've been off one of my medications because I can't afford to pay for it (Pysch Meds). Had to pawn some stuff to feed my family. Woke up today to some uncalled for BS that someone said and it just set me off completely. If there has been anyday I felt like drinking it's today. Job interview after job interview and no offers yet. I've been doing everything I can do within my power and theres a road block each time. Couple of walls took a fist today and smashed my phone and the laptop took a fall as well. Looking for more things to pawn as my wife can only do some much OT to try to pay any bills. Last but not least...I get the comment in response to me saying wow if there has been anyday I feel like drinking good God it's today. Her response "Your probably going to do it anyways". Didn't need to hear that...thanks for the support and believing in me right! I haven't drank since my DUI back in July and I've been trying my hardest in spite of all the nonsense taking place in our lives. I'm on the complete verge of really really snapping as I can't take anymore bad news like I've been dealing with the past few months. Mentally drained I guess with trying to figure stuff out. SO when I say people have no idea as I'm sure we all go through stuff. You feel how you feel and I'm not one to make myself feel better because my kids aren't being beheaded or a parent is watchng their kid take their last breath. I've seen family memebers wither away into nothing after fighting cancer and eventually die. So in my opinion its unfair for anyone else to tell me "you sound like everyone else" really who cares what you sound like! Problems are problems and we all have them. I just dont use other peoples horrific situations to say "oh I guess I dont have it that bad". That is such a copout!

Venting concluded. I'm doing my damndest today to maintain. I feel like getting a pint and then just crashing out. I've been strong thus far, but honestly whatever the hell ever is how I feel.