Notices

lost again

Old 08-11-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lost again

Why is it that just living day to day is such a struggle. So i (we) resort to booze to help us through. Zillions of people just get on with it why not me? How come I make every day so much harder by drinking, if I did not drink stuff would be so much easier, but my stupid brain does not get it and believes that a drink will solve everything.

I am so lost , out of control, just want to run and hide somewhere dark and safe.

Sorry
Old 08-11-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Live can be a struggle. Everyone experiences struggles in their life. Most don't drink over them, but some do.
Life is harder when we drink too much. Many people don't and find other outlets for their problems. Healthy ones.
I struggled for years with alcohol, and every day WAS a struggle. A struggle of my own making.
Now that I have some sober time behind me, I take things in stride. I still have a lot of struggles, but they're not amplified by my my out of control drinking.
The only answer for me was to quit drinking completely. It was hard. I had many failures but I never gave up.
Now, there's nothing in my life that could come my way that would drive me back to the bottle.
I wish the same for you.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Grok, nothing to be sorry about.

Most of us; if not all of us; have felt the same way or are feeling the same way. I know I did. After 21 years of hard, daily drinking, I said enough is enough... for me and those around me.

I'm only on day 36 today, but I have made the decision that I can not drink again, EVER.

You can do it. Make the decision, come up with a plan that works for you and just don't drink. What ever it takes, just don't drink. It gets easier with time.

Tons of support out there, but you have to make the decision for yourself and put in the effort.

You said it yourself, drinking makes daily life harder than what it has to be. Plus, ultimately it is killing you.

Best of luck, you can do this.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry you are feeling down Grok. Not sure where you are on this journey but don't give up. It really does get better if you keep at it. Keep posting. x
Old 08-11-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Grok View Post
... if I did not drink stuff would be so much easier, but my stupid brain does not get it and believes that a drink will solve everything.
Welcome to the wonderful world of addiction.

I drank because it made me feel better, until I drank because I couldn't feel good without it, until I drank because I felt bad unless I did, until I drank just to feel less bad.

That cycle ends in only two ways, and only one of them is happy. Choose to live a sober life.

You can do this.