SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Newbie (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/341668-newbie.html)

MichaelJo 08-11-2014 08:18 AM

Hi Guys,

I am new to this and hopefully I had my last drink yesterday.

I have upset everyone I love and care about.

I had an amazing weekend with my children last weekend and I have spoilt it this weekend. By drinking. I have been told I am unable to see them now and I feel my Whole world is falling down around me.

I owe people Money and I have lied and I hve noticed friends dont call me anymore.

I have been reading posts allday. Thought I would say Hi.x

Ghostlight1 08-11-2014 08:58 AM

Hello and welcome.
Sorry about your kids. I upset and disappointed every one I knew because of my drinking.
In the end, it was me alone with a bottle.
It can be your last drink. Next time you feel like drinking, think of what happened the last time. I do this and the horrible memories help keep me sober.
You'll find lots of support here, and best to you on quitting for good.

MichaelJo 08-11-2014 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ghostlight1 (Post 4833989)
Hello and welcome.
Sorry about your kids. I upset and disappointed every one I knew because of my drinking.
In the end, it was me alone with a bottle.
It can be your last drink. Next time you feel like drinking, think of what happened the last time. I do this and the horrible memories help keep me sober.
You'll find lots of support here, and best to you on quitting for good.

Thank you for your reply.

I have done the same. Let down everyone who ever cared for me.

I just can't do that to my Children any longer.

Fly N Buy 08-11-2014 09:07 AM

MJ - don't despair you are in the right place!! Glad your here!

Stick around, ask questions and do what your doing = read posts! If you really have the desire and willingness to quit, it is possible.

Keep posting my friend......

MichaelJo 08-11-2014 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Flynbuy (Post 4834004)
MJ - don't despair you are in the right place!! Glad your here!

Stick around, ask questions and do what your doing = read posts! If you really have the desire and willingness to quit, it is possible.

Keep posting my friend......

Thank you so much. Really helps to talk on here and no that I am not alone.

ccam1973 08-11-2014 09:31 AM

MJ, glad you found SR and are here with us.

This is a great community with tons of support. You have to make the decision to quit for yourself. There is no middle ground...

You can do it. Once you commit, your actions and efforts will speak for themselves. It is a tough journey, but so worth the effort; especially if you have been denied being able to see your kids.

MJ, re-read your original post and take out the word "hopefully" from "hopefully I had my last drink yesterday".

I have found that each time I leave any opening, I return to drinking. Even if that opening is a sliver of a thought, I have lost the fight before I even began.

Your choice, but if you do choose, then you HAVE had your last drink yesterday. Simple as that.

Best of luck to you.

Fly N Buy 08-11-2014 09:35 AM

I quit just over 60 days ago - things have changed dramatically in a short period of time - If you really want it, it's there brother!!!

MichaelJo 08-11-2014 09:43 AM

Thank you so much Guys.

I had my last drink yesterday.x

PurpleKnight 08-11-2014 10:03 AM

Welcome to the Forum MichaelJo!! Great to have you onboard!! :wave:

least 08-11-2014 10:08 AM

Welcome to the family. You're in the right place for support in getting sober. :)

MichaelJo 08-11-2014 10:10 AM

Thank you guys.

Nice that people understand on here.

My family and friends just either don't understand or tell you to get it sorted out.

Funtimefranky 08-11-2014 01:39 PM

Hello, I'm 9 days sober. A huge deal for me. I doubt I would have made it without this site, the support has been amazing. Keep reading and posting. I was on here non stop the first few days....it's been tough but already so very worth it. Welcome. x

MichaelJo 08-12-2014 01:17 AM

So it's Day 2. Feeling less Shaky today although I nearly collapsed in the shower this morning!

Come back into work and feel a bit stronger. Got to tell the people I owe money too that I have not got it. But, I can't bury my head in the sand any longer.

Lots of water for me today.

Muchos Love.

Dee74 08-12-2014 03:42 AM

Welcome MichaelJo :)

D

SuperMega 08-12-2014 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by ccam1973 (Post 4834031)

I have found that each time I leave any opening, I return to drinking. Even if that opening is a sliver of a thought, I have lost the fight before I even began.

Your choice, but if you do choose, then you HAVE had your last drink yesterday. Simple as that.

Through a couple of relapses I have no truer words then those spoken above! Good luck with your son but you really need to take care of you first right now.

MichaelJo 08-12-2014 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by SuperMega (Post 4835409)
Through a couple of relapses I have no truer words then those spoken above! Good luck with your son but you really need to take care of you first right now.

Many Thanks for your reply. I know. i just feel so guilty towards more Son and Daughter. They love me so much and I am disgusted with myself with behaving that way. I slept whilst they played.

What Father does that?