Notices

help quick please

Old 08-11-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help quick please

Long time denying alcoholic...

risk going to work drunk to work or not **% sure i can get away with it.

but i'm so tired of this **** all the worrying all the crap all the drinking i love it but it seems so ****** up. But day after day bottle after bottle I have 0 energy to do other things i'd like too hell cleaning up the bottles after drinking hard is a chore............

I wanna clean up

I can't do it while i have been working 6 days a week 10 hours a day.

Is it possible i pull disability from this and what kind of docotor do i go for...

please i live in the chicagoland area i need i need time off..... i don't know if it will help but please.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi. I was taught that my sobriety is the #1 problem I had and it is a matter of #1 priority of attention. We have much rebellion about how to stay stopped but AA was the only show in town and it has worked for millions when they work the program which has the lesson plan for permanent recovery. The many who balk usually will have a miserable life drinking if they are lucky.
There is great info on these forums if followed on a daily basis.
What ever path is chosen it’s work and it’s for our benefit in the long run.

BE WELL
Old 08-11-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It would be good to talk to your Doctor about this.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Talking to your dr is always a good place to start because detoxing from alcohol is unpredictable and can be dangerous.

I hope you decide that your sobriety is the most important thing in your life, because without it, you risk losing everything.

This is hard to face, I know, but you can do it.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum meckmeck!!
Old 08-11-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Meck, if you have the time to drink alcohol while putting in 10 hour days, 6 days a week, you have time to stop drinking. If you go to work drunk today and don't get caught, well, you are lucky because it will eventually catch up with you. It did with me. I didn't get fired but I so easily could have.

I took time off and detoxed in the hospital and then did inpatient treatment. I am also in the Chicago area and there are a lot of options. A lot. If you are working and have an employee assistance program, call them. If you don't trust them, call your doctor. You don't have to feel awful every day. You don't have to continue drinking throughout the day so that you don't start withdrawing but you have to do something as drastic as reaching out for help.

Good luck.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Meck, if you have the time to drink alcohol while putting in 10 hour days, 6 days a week, you have time to stop drinking. If you go to work drunk today and don't get caught, well, you are lucky because it will eventually catch up with you. It did with me. I didn't get fired but I so easily could have.

I took time off and detoxed in the hospital and then did inpatient treatment. I am also in the Chicago area and there are a lot of options. A lot. If you are working and have an employee assistance program, call them. If you don't trust them, call your doctor. You don't have to feel awful every day. You don't have to continue drinking throughout the day so that you don't start withdrawing but you have to do something as drastic as reaching out for help.

Good luck.
I heartily agree with this and with all that has been said by others. First, see a doctor, preferably one with experience and motivation for treating this illness. Second, explore your employee assistance program if your employer has one. This is a disability and by law they cannot fire you for this unless you refuse to have treatment and persist in drinking. Third, explore programs like AA which put you in contact with other recovering alcoholics. They will tell you what your other options are and help you with your recovery. Good luck.

W.