Notices

Welcome to all the guests out there viewing!

Old 08-09-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the guests out there viewing!

At the time of this post there were 12 members and 60 guests in this room. I can truly say that I owe s great deal of credit to this site and the great people on it for my 25 days sober. Come join us. Start your path to sobriety with us today.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

seem to be about 3 or 4 times the people viewing than actually posting .
I certainly think back to when i used to look at this and other forums drunk wondering if i could be sober about "all" that i'd have to give up.

Truth was i was a mess for years and alcohol just kept me there, helped me feel i was living life to the max as i sat in a darkened room by myself watching rubbish on the telly, passing out , blacking out .

I hope some of you who might read this come and try the freedom you can have , from the yolk of alcohol and drugs. You can drive a car without worry any time or the day or night , use the same shop rather than swapping them round , no drunk in charge of an e-mail, sms text or telephone, no arguments over nothing .

I hope you give it a try , what have you got to loose ? what might you gain ?

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-10-2014, 01:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So true! Lurk it you want, but feel free to join in. 22 months ago I was the lurker, trying to imagine how I could live a life without booze but knowing if I didn't figure something out I was gonna die. SR has really helped me turn it around.

Over these months I've lost a lot of fat, put on a good bit of muscle and almost finished up my bachelor's degree. I've made more progress towards life goals in the last 22 months than in the previous 20 years.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I welcome everyone posters, casual readers, lurkers whatever....

This is one of the best recovery communities around (and no, I'm not on salary )

If or when you decide to post I know you'll all find a lot of support here

D
Old 08-10-2014, 02:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am glad I join. I need all the support I can get.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad I joined too. Spent all last year lurking. Thisvsite was my only source for support and helped me get sober for 9 months last year. M

I never thought two days was possible much less 9 months. Now I am back on 36 days and proud to be here.

Join if and when you are ready. You will find lots of strength and support here. I know I did.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Realising my life

I lurked for 6 months before joining - and that 6 months taught me a huge amount about recovery and helped me to stay sober. It also taught me not to feel ashamed of my problem. I was blown away by the courage, wisdom and just plain awesomeness of the people posting; I felt proud just to be associated with them.

So I joined. And now I really feel part of this group. And now I'm just passed 18 months sober. Being able to post and reach out for help and to help others has cemented my resolve in a million ways. I am truly, truly thankful.

Writing down and posting about myself has also helped me to embrace honesty and has encouraged me to shine a light on another darker, even more painful area of my life. Without the unfailing support of this site, I would never have admitted publicly that I suffer from bulimia (and have done for more than two decades) nor would I have sought counselling. It is still an issue, but I'm facing it, and thanks to SR, I have a tool box with tools in it instead of a plastic bag filled with despair.

Lurking is great and hugely supportive. Joining and posting takes that support to a whole new level and can be truly transforming ♥♥
Old 08-10-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

SR is a fantastic place!!