Notices

clinton interview

Old 07-19-2004, 07:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
spirit

clinton interview

hi all

i just watched an interview with bill clinton. to be honest i never really took much notice of him. but the interview was AWESOME. very telling

i also remembered 9/11 and the services, every one gravitated to him.

my question is:

was he a loved president - in the eyes of the american people?

i was very impressed by him in this interview, wish you could see it

a very telling piece of journalism

so what do you guys say?

i am thiking, "clinton is the kennedy of the 90's"

is that what you guys think over there

cheers
kath
Old 07-19-2004, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Finding Strength

I love Bill Clinton, hot hot hot !!.....LOL..seriously I think he was a wonderful president, he is NOW very honest about his personal life and as a couple they( he and Hill) have worked out what is right for THEM. I feel as though he is very human and can relate to others exceptionally well.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Old and in the Way

Wow - This should probably be in the arguholism section. You'll get lots of responses from hatred to love to respect tinged with deep disappointment. He's not a person that people are neutral about. I probably fall in the last group - I have great respect for him as a leader, but was disappointed that he allowed himself to be brought down by a stupid mistake. "Kennedy of the '90s" may be a pretty apt description.

I voted for Clinton twice, and I give him pretty high marks for presiding over a period of relative peace and unprecedented economic growth. As you saw, he is a very good communicator, and I think he could have been a "great" president (in historical terms), but shot down his own legacy through his affair with Monica Lewinsky. At the end of the day, I think I probably view him as a tragic figure - someone whose own human weaknesses caused his own pretty horrific downfall. I also think the conservative wing of the Republican party shares responsibility, and that they were in full attack mode to find or create a scandal that would destroy him from the beginning of his presidency. (Others will surely disagree with me on this point).

Republicans in the US really hate the guy. They will tell you he is a liar (and he did lie about the Lewisnky affair), that he has no moral compas, and that he bears responsibility for the World Trade Center attack because he didn't pursue Osama aggressively enough. I think that's far too hard a judgment on him.

Interestingly, the far right of the Republican party keeps vocally predicting that Hillary Clinton is plotting a run for the White House in 2008, and is secretly pulling the strings behind the current election cycle to make sure she has a shot then. She may have presidential apirations, but as a Democrat I think she'd be a terrible, polarizing choice. I hope they're wrong. I do think they're nostalgic for Bill Clinton as someone they demonize to use to get their voters to the polls.

That's my 2-cents. Let the games begin!
Old 07-19-2004, 08:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Hi Kath,
I can only give my limited opinion. Clinton balanced the budget. Im not sure
any other Pres has been able to do that. We had some great yrs with him in office. Cant say he is responsible for that,he did some good and did some bad like everyone else. He had great charisma and is a great interviewer.
But he got caught with his pants down and then lied about it.
I wonder how many of the Gov officials that impeached him had done(are doing) the same thing but just didnt get caught!
Bob
Old 07-19-2004, 08:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I personally love Clinton! I do not condone what he did with Monica but, I don't think for one second that many of the people who sought to impeach him were doing as bad or worse.

I will never forget the look of hatred on Bush sr, face when Clinton was being sworn into office. I knew right then that the Bush team would be looking to take him down. I would not doubt at all if Monica was paid by republicans to do her dirty work not that it makes Bill right at all.