Notices

So much for being sober...

Old 08-10-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Nuudawn;4831633]Hey Copano...was just reviewing some of your threads. From what I read it kinda seems like you might have had 3 or 4 months of sobriety earlier this year? Is this true? Most of your threads have been ones similar to this one since.

Are you involved in a recovery group currently. One of your threads mentioned Celebrate Recovery. Did you find any success or resonance with that? What are you doing to support sobriety?[/QUOTE

I can go months without drinking and then BOOM, I go on a binge. No, I've never attended a recovery group----too embarrassed.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Broken hearts are strange...for a period it has felt like I literally might die from having one, but then in time I forget what it actually felt like. Sometimes I even wonder what I saw in the person that I was so devastated over. It's like child birth. We forget the pain, otherwise we might never do it again.

But pain and happiness are two sides of the same coin. We need both to grow. Use the painful experiences in life to move you forward, not hold you back.

Pouring alcohol on top of pain will only make you suffer much longer than necessary. I know it feels like no one understands, but I've never met a single person who hasn't experienced the pain of lost love. Get rid of the booze so that you can grieve this loss properly and move forward. Yon decide how you want your life to be.

And I agree with the others. Make a plan.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Putting yourself down isn't going to help you get sober - quite the opposite.

You're not worthless. You just have a problem with alcohol and you need to relearn how to live without drinking. You can do it. People succeed every day, you can read about it on the forum here. And it's entirely within your control. When you do work it out, you'll look back someday and say, "why didn't I do that sooner?"

So be positive, man! Magic 8 ball says "Try Again Later"
Old 08-10-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CopanoBay View Post
I succumbed to the temptation of alcohol today......just a worthless POS!!!
I remember that thought

you remind me of me

always seems best to just start over yet again

most will get it in time

if they do not die first

MM
Old 08-10-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=CopanoBay;4832034]
Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Hey Copano...was just reviewing some of your threads. From what I read it kinda seems like you might have had 3 or 4 months of sobriety earlier this year? Is this true? Most of your threads have been ones similar to this one since.

Are you involved in a recovery group currently. One of your threads mentioned Celebrate Recovery. Did you find any success or resonance with that? What are you doing to support sobriety?[/QUOTE

I can go months without drinking and then BOOM, I go on a binge.
No, I've never attended a recovery group----too embarrassed.
I wonder if you've gone back and read your previous posts, Copano?

While going months without drinking is great, it does not justify bingeing because you've chalked up some sober time.

It's going to get harder and harder to come back from these episodes.

If you are too embarrassed to go to a recovery group, it sounds like you aren't ready to do whatever it takes to get sober. This is life and death mate. It's serious stuff.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You can draw a line under this, it's over and done with!!

Go at it again!! Don't give up!!
Old 08-10-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=CopanoBay;4832034]
Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Hey Copano...was just reviewing some of your threads. From what I read it kinda seems like you might have had 3 or 4 months of sobriety earlier this year? Is this true? Most of your threads have been ones similar to this one since.

I can go months without drinking and then BOOM, I go on a binge. No, I've never attended a recovery group----too embarrassed.
AA or Smart Recovery groups.......only hard or embarrassing part is walking through the door the first time. Then you quickly sit down and are simply one of many faces that immediately blend into the background. A fly on the wall, so to speak.

You do NOT have to talk or be an active participant. It isn't like high school "Now stand up in front of the class and tell us all about yourself".
Old 08-10-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Episodic binge drinking is one of the many faces of addiction. It's an all out assault on your psyche, your internal organs, your life and your soul. You need support and understanding my friend. Who knows what could happen to yourself or someone else during one of these binges. I know my drinking took a very ugly dive due to heartbreak. Something I should have processed and let go of in a matter of months ...instead wasted 5 years of my life in drunken, painful pity. I so wish I had sought help instead. Addiction really sunk its teeth in good during that period. I often look back at that time as the "TSN Turning Point" of my addiction. I wish I would have seen a counsellor, a doctor..a support group ...anything. That breakup struck the very core of my pain and self loathing. I remember feeling like there was poison running thru my veins.

Please keep reaching out friend Copano...please don't writhe and wither in pain and loneliness. You don't have to.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You are so worth the effort for you! You can do this! Have faith!
Old 09-05-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CopanoBay View Post
Then it sounds like you've managed to prove so far that not attending a recovery group isn't the smartest way to avoid relapsing and going on binges.
Among other emotions, I always found my relapses to be way more embarrassing than walking into a room full of other alcoholics/addicts.
You won't get any help if you don't want to get any help. No joke.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Do your best

CB you can either drown in this and die or live some lost existence at best I'm going by everything your saying

If your feeling this crap your going to need professional help and much more importantly you got to want this

Getting upset/angry disrespecting the forum is just 1 of the many excuses your drowning in

Have you looked at others in early sobriety take TDG and jsm 2 people I know for a blatent fact are doing everything in their power to stay sober lionhearted is eating fish and chips and is getting on with it

Your expecting us to listen and when you hear something you don't like you get upset like last night

Last night it was sr is a joke

My hand is always out but you got to put the work in sorry dude just telling the truth