Notices

please help me for tonight

Old 08-09-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I just saw this now Petals. Sounds like you rose above that temptation. Please let us know how you are tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My suggestion is to be somewhere where the chardonnay is not being consumed. Perhaps a bedroom where you have access to a computer. Stay on this website. If they inquire say you aren't feeling too well but hope they enjoy themselves. The evening will pass. The object is to get through this evening. Then, in a day or two, at some appropriate moment, or at any rate, at some moment, try to explain what's going on, ask for their support. If they say they won't support or help you then that's something that will have to be thought over and considered later. If they do want to support you then this is a tremendous boost for your program. The main thing is that your program should continue whatever happens. It's absolutely vital. Don't let them pull you down.

W.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The wine saga continues. ... hes just got it out of the fridge and I explained how I felt.
. He then got a glass and poured himself one and smirked/smiled at me.... feel like taking it off him and drinking the whole darned bottle. To put up with his beer is one thing but for him to drink my favourite tipple is another.
I was so proud today..I was gonna post that I went into a pub for the first time and had soda water and coffee.....but I feel deflated now. Hope you are all ok and thanks for your support. Xx
Old 08-10-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh, petals, hugs to you.

I'm sorry your husband is being like this. Stay strong, don't give in, keep posting here, we understand.

Great job on sticking with soda water and coffee today. Don't feel deflated, you're doing great in less-than-helpful circumstances.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Petals,

You are BIG in that you are not relenting in to this temptation!

Why not take a walk right now? Let him drink by himself.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by petals View Post
... hes just got it out of the fridge and I explained how I felt.
. He then got a glass and poured himself one and smirked/smiled at me....
That is so very dark and unkind. I would hope that his callousness..and well..smack of cruelty would propel you further into sobriety. You want this dark side of him..to win this dark game?
Old 08-10-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Oh, petals. I wonder if he feels somehow threatened by your sobriety and is deliberately trying to sabotage it? If not, then I can only think that he is totally ignorant or callously cruel.

But nothing he does or says takes away your achievement. Rather, it takes it to a whole new level!
Old 08-10-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks I will stay here and sip my pepsimax....hope he drinks it all out of my way...or it will call out to me when he goes to bed.....and it will be round three tomorrow night....xx
Old 08-11-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Petals. I know it sucks now but it will be worth it. Even after 22 months sober I prefer not to be around people drinking my poison of choice (Cabernet Sauvignon).
Old 08-11-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Update... he drank the whole bottle and fell asleep on chair till midnight...... I had a terrible nights sleep, with worrying, his snoring, and stink of alcohol oozing out of him! Since ive stopped drinking he has hit it in a big way...... at least im ok .xx
Old 08-11-2014, 02:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is another day. Maybe it's time to have a talk with him about it.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

quick answers please

Old 08-11-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Petals, what a tough and stressful situation you are in.

So sorry... you not only don't have support at home, you are being taunted by your husband. Not fair at all and IMO,,, well i'll just keep that to myself.

You stay strong. This sobriety is for you, to better yourself no matter how hard it is. As other's have said, when the temptation arises try to find an "out", take a walk, get out of the house, read a book, anything so you don't drink.

Heck, i even went to Walmart on a busy Saturday just to stop my AV this past weekend (we live in a beach / tourist destination). The store was so crowded I could hardly get around. I had nothing to buy, I just went there to "people watch" and as odd as it sounds, just walking around there for a while worked for me.

Please stay strong, you are not alone.