Notices

Hello

Old 08-09-2014, 01:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. I have lived with my alcoholic husband for just over 10 years, his alcoholism getting progressively worse. Unfortunately his recovery has stalled, and I think ultimately will fail. Our marriage has not survived this, and we are going through an increasingly acrimonious divorce. I stand to lose a great deal; things that I have worked for for decades. Sometimes it seems worth it just to be free of the emotional abuse.

I've been going to local Alanon meetings since November. The group is great, fantastically supportive, and I have just got a great sponsor who I hope will help to guide the way.

Full of vitriol at the moment, but hopefully that will pass. Looking forward to being part of the forum!

L xx
Old 08-09-2014, 02:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR illo

I'm sorry for what brings you here but I know you'll find a lot of support

D
Old 08-09-2014, 02:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning, illo--glad you decided to post here at SR. I hope you find the help you're looking for.

You are certainly welcome to post in Newcomers if you feel most comfortable, but I'd like to suggest checking out the Family and Friends section of the forum here Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information since it might apply more directly to your experiences.

Reading as much as you can there would be a great place to start, and be sure not to miss the stickies at the top of the page.

I'm glad you've been working in Alanon and have a sponsor--that certainly gives you a leg up on understanding what's going on and seeing what your path is.

Welcome to SR! I wish you clarity and strength.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum illo!! It's great to have you here!!
Old 08-09-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
oak

Welcome illo! I'm glad you have some support. I hope you like it here at SR.