Notices

Day 6

Old 08-07-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

Hi SR!

I hope everyone is doing very well or commited for a better life!

I went to meditation last night after a very long time, it was very nice! Kept me busy and I left thoroughly relaxed and peaceful. Tonight is my first AA meeting, also, in a very long time. Im super tired today from not sleeping very well so will be exhausted by the end of the day but I'm making the commitment, for me!

Much love and respect Everyone!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Promise, the sleeping will get better.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Day 6 is great and it's lovely to see the really positive steps you're taking to change your life
Old 08-07-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post
Day 6 is great and it's lovely to see the really positive steps you're taking to change your life
Thanks Headlump! I have been trying to quit on and off for 8 year and kinda knew I had to quit, it has become obvious. Work is going good but requiring me to be in good spirits. So I came to a point of trying to regulate 3-4 airplane bottles of vodka right after work and drunk on Friday. The problem is 4 is not enough after a few days but more than 4 wreaks me the next day. So after a few days I crave for awhile after 4.. no satisfaction in that. When I was younger I did a pint nearly every night and went to work fine. It just became obvious drinking wasnt worth trying to regulate. So I came into this looking for personal freedom, health and maybe a family life one day .. ready to live!! Staying strong but respecting my eight years of living defeat.

Much love SR family!!
Old 08-07-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done What sort of meditation are you doing? I do it occasionally... which probably isn't such an effective approach It's one of the most difficult things to overcome... for me, the procrastination and making excuses to do something more tangible and productive. I am reading about Vipassana and that's the kind I try to do when I do it.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
Well done What sort of meditation are you doing? I do it occasionally... which probably isn't such an effective approach It's one of the most difficult things to overcome... for me, the procrastination and making excuses to do something more tangible and productive. I am reading about Vipassana and that's the kind I try to do when I do it.
Im not exactually sure. I've been doing it on and off for a few years but didn't know there were different forms. We just meet and do four 15 minute sessions of closing our eyes and focusing on our breathing. Sometimes he says an old parable or story and we thing about it and then have a brief discussion afterward. The last one is a happiness and kindness meditation where we think 4 different hopeful things about ourselves and then do the same for 3 other people, then repeat. It is all very relaxing to the state of mind .

Yes, totally know what you mean! Making excuses, justifications thinking im not an alcoholic and can control it (lol), recovering at work, ugghhh so much struggle trying to keep it in my life. A struggle that in the best circumstances ruins my body.. I am so glad this clarity has materialized .
Old 08-07-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 6 is fantastic!! keep it going!!
Old 08-07-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Haha just found the "thanks" button ;-)