Notices

Small troubles, small victories

Old 08-07-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Small troubles, small victories

Have you ever had days when even before you get out of bed you have the premonition that the day is going to suck? Maybe it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, and the universe is like: "oh, okay, if you say so... HERE!" So yesterday was one of those days, compiled of one annoyance over another. When doing laundry, I dropped part of it behind the washer and spent half an hour trying to get it out. I locked myself and the kids out of the house. I drove all the way to a specialty store and then realized I left the wallet in another handbag. I went to the gym, my class was cancelled, I tried another one but it was really lame. So I felt I needed more exercise, went for a run and pulled a muscle. I gave up, had my tea and biscuits, watched half of a bad movie, and went to bed.

Even though I'm limping today, I'm flying in my head! Two months ago, any one of those could've sent me in for a tailspin, most likely clutching a bottle. Day 43, small steps, small victories.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You woke up still sober today!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know! I rock!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yikes, that was a rough day! But you are so right, I bet it was a lot easier to handle sober. Even the littlest thing would set me off when drunk or hungover.
Good for you for keeping your cool and turning to tea and biscuits instead of alcohol in your time of stressful need.
I bet you feel great today! Congratulations on 43 days!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What I love about dealing with those kind of days without drinking is not having that shame feeling on top of everything else. Everything on the list is something that you can identify and maybe even deal with! 43 days is great, it just gets better!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Love the upspin on a dog day! (and the emoticon of course). Yesterday I had to go buy some stamps and when the postmistress was giving me my change she fumbled a bit and this look of exasperation crossed her face. She said "you ever have one of those day where everything just goes wrong??". Oh ya hon...I certainly have! I could certainly empathize and I told her so. Yup..there will always be dog days ...and look at you building up that sobriety muscle all the way through it.

(And hey, I bought these really cool "Shania Twain" stamps that tickled my fancy for some reason. I rarely mail anything anywhere...suddenly I need to go buy some "I'm thinking of you" type cards just to utilize these kinda bizarre stamps with Shania's lovely smile).