Notices

Distraught, Sad and Angry

Old 08-07-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Here's what you should do. First change up your routine. Do something different after work. Drive to a park and walk around, or get a book and read. Maybe get a gym membership and devote yourself to an hour or so on an elliptical watching house hunting shows. Whatever, just don't do what you normally do. And I'm not talking about drinking, obviously stop that but stop it all and do something different. You got a smart phone? Stare at this website and read and interact on it. You don't like AA? Fine but maybe just swing in there. Do something to validate your sobriety. Just stopping aint going to cut it. I saw a therapist. Didn't even go a full year and I don't really have that much baggage but I had to do something to make it official that I had a problem and I'm dealing with it. Read up and alcoholism, watch movies and documentaries. Learn as much as you can about the disease. Get yourself a bag of Hersey Kisses and throw them in the freezer and start going to town on them when you get that itchy feeling.

Your kids are still relatively young. Now's the time to make the change and be the role model you are. A sober parent is a lifetime reward. Establishing a safe and happy household will live forever in your kids. Sobriety is awesome. It's strength and control. It's pride and perseverance. It's something to strive for. It's worth it. Totally.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks all for the great support. Even though I am not big into AA, I have been in prayer today with God almighty (my beliefs) my goal is to place my faith in him and my support in SR. I know I have posted "thank you's" several times today. But I sincerely thank all of you for the support. I believe today is a critical turning point and SR has helped in pointing in the right direction. Thanks again
Old 08-07-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Charlie, you can do this, never give up!!
Old 08-07-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good job! Take good care of yourself during detox physically and we will help with the mental.