Notices

a little craving

Old 08-06-2014, 11:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a little craving

Hey there comrades, I could sure use a little encouragement tonight. I'm fighting the urge to buy a bottle of white. It's not a strong urge, but its a quiet evening with no distractions. My husband and son are on a boy's trip. It would be so comfortable and familiar to enjoy a glass of wine and a chick flick.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh, if only it could be ONE glass! I, too, had the same craving this week, and I really sat with it, followed it through in my head, how I thought it would go. No, how I KNEW it would go. One glass would turn into two, three, four. Any resolve to stick to only one bottle would be GONE in a flash, and off I'd be to the wine shop for another bottle (if I hadn't already automatically purchased two, that is!) I'd get wasted and black out and pass out, only to wake up panicked, heart racing, mind racing, guilt ridden, back at DAY ONE. Maybe I would be strong enough to not pick up the next day, but for sure I'd be hungover and depressed for the day, at work- ugh. Just the thought of that makes me ill.

Don't do it. The picture we see in our heads is just not the reality.

Enjoy your time alone doing something you enjoy, not something that will bring you misery.

Lisa.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi What's worse - a little craving or the 5-7 days of withdrawals?
Old 08-07-2014, 12:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It would be so comfortable and familiar to enjoy a glass of wine and a chick flick.
Now's the time to play that little mental movie right through to the end...it'd be the whole bottle, not a glass, you don't know what may happen after that...

many times I ended up in strange, low places with even stranger low people when all I intended to do was drink one bottle.

You will feel awful tomorrow and you'll feel awful when your husband and son come home.

I know this because I did, many many times too.

If you need reminding go back to your earliest posts or where you've shared your story. You risk all that happening again.

Is it really worth it SunriseSky? of course not.

Be who you want to be

D