Notices

First concert

Old 08-05-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First concert

I'll remember in the morning in a long time! Waiting on the headliner. Made it past the bar, phew...
Old 08-05-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Rock On!
Old 08-05-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No hangover tomorrow and you won't miss half the concert in the bathroom line. Sounds like a win win. Enjoy
Old 08-05-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Woooo hoooo!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 08-06-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Done and had a blast! Panic! at the Disco played an awesome show that I clearly remember. Lol is 7 am and I'm on the train to work. Best of all, no checking my credit card to see how much I blew on drinks, yay!
Old 08-06-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Cat Lady

Originally Posted by pumpkinny View Post
I'll remember in the morning in a long time! Waiting on the headliner. Made it past the bar, phew...
Great job! I want to go to a concert sober!!

I always got smashed at concerts and did the whole "oh sh*t" in the morning all while looking at my cell phone chase app wondering how I spent that much money and then proceeding to check my wallet to see if I even got my card back from the bartender! Needless to say, I've missed plenty headliners (black out) that I would have loved to see!

Yay for you! Who was headlining?

[edit] ahhh panic at the disco! I didn't see that post! Very nice! :-)
Old 08-06-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Good going on making it through, it can be done! It's actually a much more enjoyable event.

I'm heading to ProgPower in Atlanta next month for a three day festival. This festival will be riddled with alcohol and drugs but thankfully, I have a husband who could care less about either of those so I'm not hanging with someone who likes to party it up. It's also a road trip which signifies partying.

So here's my rewind and play the tape that squelches any potential harmful thoughts:

Last road trip, 10 years ago, we drove to Nashville to meet up with people from all over the country for Ozzfest. The first night that we got there when everyone met we sat out in the hotel parking lot swilling beers until about 4 in the morning. This was Nashville at the end of July when it's at it's hottest. I woke up the next morning and I don't have to describe to you the hangover. I got up out of bed and stepped outside to have a cigarette. The 95 degree 95% humidity immediately hit me and I turned right around, went back in and headed for the bathroom. I then spent the next 3 hours back in bed with my head under a pillow as many new friends came to the door asking if we wanted to go to breakfast/lunch and there was no way I could do it. The concert was that night and I wrecked it for myself as I felt like crap walking around in a fog still extremely hung over. We were supposed to leave two days later but we left the next day because I still felt sick when I woke up the following morning. It was part exhaustion from the drive and the copious amounts of alcohol that first night there. We ended up leaving and heading home because I couldn't take it anymore and was having bad anxiety. That was one long drive home with panic attacks all the way. All 1800 miles.

Yes indeed, I ruined a good time all because of alcohol.

So much looking forward to enjoying the drive, meeting the bands, and not having to stop once to worry about my actions. Looking forward to it so much!

Events mean so much more and are far more enjoyable without alcohol!
Old 08-06-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

cool
Old 08-06-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I went to my first concert last October I think it was to see black sabbath with ozzy I was so excited I got so drunk I don't even remember the concert sucks ..probably the last tour black sabbath will do and I ruined it. Took a lot of videos though and all you can hear is me singing drunk and it's terrible I can't sing sober never mind drunk. The beers were 9.75 a pop too lots of money wasted.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

fantastic stuff!!