Notices

Seriously, this is a bit insane.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good luck Raider and I am sorry. Plan sounds solid. Maybe the mud slide is Gods way of sending a message that you must get out. You had some ambivalence about the plan, now you are resolute. Seems like this is a sign for you to move ahead with you plan!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Really JD? I am puzzled by these events. But we'll move forward. I just don't feel the excitement I felt before this. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm a christian but I think sometimes a mudslide is just a mudslide Raider.

It's like me living a street away from the beach - if I live long enough this might be beachfront property....

But seriously...I think it's perfectly ok to feel a little deflated, or worried.
This is your home and a lot of future plans hang on this.

I hope - and pray - everything will work out

D
Old 08-05-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
EndGame

I'm so sorry, Pam. Such a random and traumatic event in your own backyard.

I don't know that this is a sign or a message from anyone or anything. I do know that there have been times in my life that, when I was disappointed that things didn't work out the way I'd planned, something very good, and completely unplanned and unexpected happened as a result of my plans having been trashed. But only when I was sober.

You're in my thoughts.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

^ thats what I was trying to say

D
Old 08-05-2014, 10:20 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
I can't believe the story of this slide was on the national news. Isn't there something else more important??? I did do the elyptical until I could breath. Logic tells me it's not so horrible to stay in the Burgerosa for the next six months. I should be good with that. I should be. What's not to love about the north salt lake house? I love that house........so why do I feel absolutely deflated? I don't know.

Well here is the plan (I can't deal with life without one). We will still pack up and move out of the Utah house while it's listed. I will consider this a fun vacation at the cabin. I will go to the Shelton fair. I will go to the Oysterfest celebration and have fun. I will drive to Allyn and have a giant burger at Bubbas Big Burgwr. I will not bitch every moment of every day because it is cramped.

I will return to Utah by thanksgiving if it has not sold.

I will stop crying over this.

Love ya guys.
Very scary! I'm glad you weren't hurt. I expect that if the whole area is unstable the government might step in and do something. Try not to worry too much. It will work out.

By now you have probably realized that this would be unmanageable if you were still drinking. As things are now it's a bump in the road but not the end of the world. You will survive! Keep hanging on, Raider!
Old 08-06-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Your neighborhood landslide is even on the local news way down here in Georgia!
Old 08-06-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi. In my early days getting sober when so called bad things happened to me it was impressed upon me that even if I’m sober life continues, the good and the bad. Then it was impressed upon me the many things I could be grateful for, 1 being above the grass.

BE WELL
Old 08-06-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Just saw your neighborhood on the news, Pam! Looked for you twerking in the background but didn't see you.....

Seriously, I think that when bad stuff happens, God is just as sad as we are. I hope you will feel peace about your decision soon.