Notices

I had a blip last night

Old 08-05-2014, 02:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I had a blip last night

Hello

So unfortunately I took 3 hits on a bong last night I got caught off guard and I felt too comfortable in my sobriety thinking I could be alone at a stoner friends house. I'm bitterly disappointed in myself and the whole time I kept saying to myself "are you enjoying this?" which I wasn't. The only positive was that I had a craving to go out and throw my whole sobriety away by drinking and using cocaine which I managed to resist, I just went home annoyed at myself, a feeling which I'm going to use to learn from this mistake to make sure it never happens again. I feel absolutely terrible today just from 3 hits and it's just showing me how good I was feeling beforehand, It's just not worth it.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. I'm trying to learn from others so that I don't make that mistake myself. Thing is, I bet more or less everyone relapses at some point before they get it right. I don't want to go as far as to say it's part of the process but it sure does seem common. I'm worried that after some considerable time away from alcohol I will convince myself that I can moderate and fall back in again. I read a thread today where the poster talked about relapsing after ten years as they thought addiction might have been something they grew out of. I can see how I could convince myself the same and it scares me. One constant in the threads about relapses is the regret people feel afterwards. I've not yet seen anyone say that it worked out for them so I don't know why I might think I would be any different. Sorry this happened to you but pleased you saw it for what it was and nipped I in the bud immediately.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like you need a new crowd if your gonna stay sober. Don't feel bad. It happens but learn from the experiance. If you surround yourself with people that do drugs/drink/coke your bound to cave in. If you hang around the barber shop your going to get a haircut. If your around people that have no access to or drugs then your less likely to use. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for your post. You're right about the regret, not one single person on here would be happy after a relapse. Never forget why you are abstaining and you always do have to be careful. It's good to learn from other peoples mistakes as that will keep you in good stead. I hadn't been on this website for a while which was a mistake on my part.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you letitgo. You are 100% right, I shouldn't be putting myself in situations where drugs are being consumed around me, another lesson I'll need to learn from.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Get back at it. Good for you for recognizing your mistake. Hang in there!
Old 08-05-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you stopped at three hits and didn't go out and score that coke.

I can't count the times that what I thought would be a harmless toke kicked off a epic binge.

I there's there a really great lesson to be had there Sean, and I think you've learned it

D
Old 08-05-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Its great you stopped yourself. No one is perfect and you realized you don't want to do that any longer.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
instant

Its hard to avoid such situations early on. In time there can be a sober life that feels good. It takes time to get there.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Go at it again Sean!! You'll get there!!