Notices

Day 3

Old 08-05-2014, 01:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Day 3 here we come. Most of the physical stuff seems OK, except for sleep.

I was going I to work today but decided to work from home which is an option for me. Not ready to face the world yet.

It's slowly dawning on me that my partner may not come back, I don't know where they are and it's all down to me. This pain is intense. I know I have to focus on me at this early stage but I think these feelings will stay after the withdrawal. It's so hard. I got an e-mail last Friday after leaving saying they would be in touch when they are ready but I don't know when this will be. They need ace because of me I know, doing all I can not to text or e-mail them.

I wonder if I should head out to an AA meeting today to try and make some sense of what's happening to me and how to move forwards?
Old 08-05-2014, 02:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through, Day 3 is fantastic!!
Old 08-05-2014, 02:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Congrats on making it to day 3.

I am not a 12-stepper, but the fellowship of other alcoholics has always been comforting to me. Being around people who understand how I could continue drinking despite the mountain of negative consequences it was causing was always very soothing.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So sorry you are in pain. I can't imagine that going to a meeting would ever be a bad thing. If you can go, give it a try. Like the OP said it would be good to meet others that understand you. Saving your relationship may or may not be possible I don't know bc I know nothing about your relationship but I know if you are sober you have a much better chance of putting things right. So no matter How hard things are, don't give up. Emotional pain is not nice for anyone to deal with, in fact with all the guilt you are likely to be feeling on top of things, I'm guessing now would be a great time for you to go to a meeting. I need to start taking some of my own advice....it seems I'm good at giving it out of late! I've not been outside the house in 4 days and it's becoming a bit of a thing. I know I need to get out and I know a meeting would be good for me on so many levels but I just can't face it at the moment so I'm doing the next best thing and throwing myself on here. I will try and get out today, even if it's just for a walk around the block. Please excuse my errors, my iPad constantly changes spellings and I miss them sometimes or just simply forget to check. So frustrating having to go back and edit cod tangly. See, I just wrote constantly and got cod tangly!!
Old 08-05-2014, 03:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on getting to day 3! That is huge! I am so sorry about your partner, I know that is painful. If you are considering going to a meeting, why not give it a try? You never know until you try. Keep staying strong.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies. Cross posting with Frankys thread but yes, SR has given me a (supportive) kick this morning and I am heading out to a meeting now. It's one I would never get to from work but let's see. Lucky I live where I live and can find one anytime.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good on ya Sth!
Old 08-05-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your pain, but I agree if they want space you should give it to them.

I think an AA meeting is a great idea, if only for the human contact. I think you'll get a lot more than that too

D
Old 08-05-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I went back to AA. I did around 80 meetings earlier this year but just sat on the sidelines and didn't get to work.

The day off work was a good decision as massive fuzzy head and no concentration today. I was nervous and shaky, BUT I got something from it and listened well to the 'chair' if not the sharing. It was a very large meeting. We are far from alone on this journey.

The AV had a chat with me on the way home about stopping for a beer and that I am not like people in AA etc. Yes I am like them AV! So I stopped, but to buy meaningful food, bath salts and some valerian to try.

I think I need more time with different meetings but if I feel well and not shaky there is another one at 8pm just ten minutes from here. Even if I just listen and try not to display withdrawal signs.

I will do ANYTHING to get this - this is my final withdrawal.

Thanks for all the SR support.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post
I went back to AA. I did around 80 meetings earlier this year but just sat on the sidelines and didn't get to work.

The day off work was a good decision as massive fuzzy head and no concentration today. I was nervous and shaky, BUT I got something from it and listened well to the 'chair' if not the sharing. It was a very large meeting. We are far from alone on this journey.

The AV had a chat with me on the way home about stopping for a beer and that I am not like people in AA etc. Yes I am like them AV! So I stopped, but to buy meaningful food, bath salts and some valerian to try.

I think I need more time with different meetings but if I feel well and not shaky there is another one at 8pm just ten minutes from here. Even if I just listen and try not to display withdrawal signs.

I will do ANYTHING to get this - this is my final withdrawal.

Thanks for all the SR support.
Well done Sth. Did you make that other meeting? We are on day 4! Huge for me as I have not gone 4 days in years! I'm guessing you are back at work today. Let me know how you are doing when you have a minute.