Notices

PLEASE - I need help

Old 08-05-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

O sweets u can make it thru this... if u see it this way, if u will, u already made it uphill and u are standing on THE plateau: gain your momentum and smile brightly as u feel the rush of fresh NEW air that God will provide. Just get that momentum, girl! U can msg me anytime... I'm married and almost 30, 9 days sober.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sometimes we drink to force ourselves to endure the unendurable.

I know that's why I did.

Nurture that little light inside you and let it grow.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I also forgot to add as you grow stronger you will begin to see him for what he is and is acting like. He's a child and with no coping mechanisms, who hurts you because he hurts inside. You're stronger than you know, not many could have remained sane under those circumstances. Some called me weak and still do, but it is not without GREAT STRENGTH did I endure what I did and evolve into who I am proudly today! My personal change left little room for those around me to hurt me. The ball is in your court you just can't see it yet. He needs you more than you need him.

You're going to wake up and I think it's happening, you are completely safe here to share those pains. SR and the friends I've made here have completely changed my reactions to his actions.

Time to deprogram... And you do have legal options, many. You are no longer alone in this!!!
Old 08-05-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It's very hard to say anything that would be helpful in this situation other than to say how much I admire you for persisting in your sobriety in this situation. Your husband is hard on you and you're hanging in there. Let me put it this way: Don't let him take away the most precious thing you've ever had. Your sobriety. He can shout and scream. You can't change that apparently. But don't let him take away your sobriety. That's yours and no one should be able to get you to surrender it. Drinking will only make you feel worse in the end. If you can deal with this it will need sobriety to do that. You are a person. You have your own integrity. If need be you can always survive on your own. Other recovering alcoholics will help you. Reach out to them and you may well find many helping hands reaching back. Good luck and every good wish.

W.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you so much to each and every one of you for all your advice and kind words. I actually feel so teary right now to think that there ARE people who care about one another out there.

Lots of Love and wishing you all well in your new found sobriety.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Dejavu, seems to be a lot of good advice here. You seem to put up with a lot with your husband. I won't try to give my opinion on that other than to say NO ONE should have to feel subservient to another person.

A marriage is a partnership, the daily trials to be shared equally relying on individual strengths toward one common goal. It seems you are giving way more in this relationship than taking from it.

It may not seem so right now but you are a strong woman and do not deserve to be abused in any form or fashion.

I think its a great idea to try and connect with others, get out as much as possible, get some you time in. You are never alone in this.

Glad you are with us and congratulations on 19 days. Now that takes strength!!