SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Oh well, here I am again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/341001-oh-well-here-i-am-again.html)

RK2007 08-04-2014 07:10 PM

Oh well, here I am again

I made friends on here in 2007. I've pretty much lost contact with all of them through my own fault.

I was doing well, I'd stopped drinking for a couple of years. Now I've started again and my life is in tatters again. :(

Kind of anyway. I'm working, and have a good job - but I'm only just hanging on. Any minute and I could lose my job because of what I'm doing. I can't concentrate a lot of the time. :(

Dee74 08-04-2014 07:14 PM

I'm sorry to see you back RK - but also glad because it means you're gonna fight this again :)

No matter how bad things are, the decision to quit again is the first step in turning things around.

The faces may have changed here but the supports the same :)

D

RK2007 08-04-2014 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4821025)
I'm sorry to see you back RK - but also glad because it means you're gonna fight this again :)

No matter how bad things are, the decision to quit again is the first step in turning things around.

The faces may have changed here but the supports the same :)

D

Dee, so glad you replied. :You_Rock_

I've no idea what to do, I'm really ashamed of where I'm at now. :(

Dee74 08-04-2014 07:22 PM

Did you try what you did last time?

D

ScottFromWI 08-04-2014 07:30 PM

Welcome back RK from a relative Newbie to SR. What worked for you during those 2 years? That is quite a stretch.

RK2007 08-04-2014 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4821044)
Did you try what you did last time?

D

I'm kind of half-arsed committed to things most of the time Dee. My mind wanders and I adopt ideas and cling to them for a time.

I'd be lying to you if I said I didn't know how I ended up here again. :(

I'm not in the same place as I was when I came here at first thankfully. I was physically dependent on alcohol back then and I needed pills to stop drinking.

But now I'm drinking sporadically, but binging big-time. :(

I'm fed up with it. I know if I continue, I'll end up needing pills to get off it again.

In those years that I'd stopped, I achieved lots. Now I'm stuck and I can't see any way forward. My mind is clouded most of the time.

I know the reason for it. Because I choose to drink, and get pissed at home. I go to parties as well. Any opportunity, I will be there - drinking.

I'm fed up.

RK2007 08-04-2014 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI (Post 4821061)
Welcome back RK from a relative Newbie to SR. What worked for you during those 2 years? That is quite a stretch.

It was actually more than 2 years, that was just an expression I guess.

I dunno. I was committed to the idea of bettering myself and making a new life for myself - which I did.

And when I thought I'd got it, I fell back in to old habits. :(

Dee74 08-04-2014 07:39 PM

I think a day one is a good start for anybody RK - if nothing else a little sober time might help you to work out a longer range plan?

D

RK2007 08-04-2014 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4821075)
I think a day one is a good start for anybody RK - if nothing else a little sober time might help you to work out a longer range plan?

D

Things are complicated Dee. :cries3:

Dee74 08-04-2014 08:02 PM

They always seem that way RK.

I think you need to pare things back to the bone...the longer you drink the more complicated it's gonna get...

The sooner you quit, the more chance you have of turning things around, like your job and whatever else is at risk :)

D

ScottFromWI 08-04-2014 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by RK2007 (Post 4821083)
Things are complicated Dee. :cries3:

Things are complicated for everyone. And for us alcoholics, alcohol complicates them even more.

PurpleKnight 08-05-2014 01:02 AM

Welcome back!! :wave: