Notices

Day 2

Old 08-04-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Thanks for the support today SR People. Today was OK.

It's been so good to read through lots of the older posts and see I am not alone.

Today I've been hot and then cold then hot. But managed to eat and hydrate with lots of water and Gator. I am out of Gator my body needs so much real liquid, but no way can I head to the shop for some more, too many triggers at 9pm in the UK where the soft drinks are sold next to the liquor. Small steps.
Besides, I am staying in my blanket and keeping warm. Prior to yesterday, I honestly can't remember when I had a plain glass of water.

Let's see no sleeping goes later. I am not going to get all anxious about it. just keep reading and posting if I can't sleep

I will leave the house tomorrow. Work and then an AA meeting is the plan. This is a small meeting and I only went a few times in Jan/Feb but it was a nice meeting and a good mix. I can do an intro at the start at this meetings format as me back after a slip, then if I get a chance to share great. I know I need to reach out and quickly this time
Old 08-04-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post
Thanks for the support today SR People. Today was OK.

It's been so good to read through lots of the older posts and see I am not alone.

Today I've been hot and then cold then hot. But managed to eat and hydrate with lots of water and Gator. I am out of Gator my body needs so much real liquid, but no way can I head to the shop for some more, too many triggers at 9pm in the UK where the soft drinks are sold next to the liquor. Small steps.
Besides, I am staying in my blanket and keeping warm. Prior to yesterday, I honestly can't remember when I had a plain glass of water.

Let's see no sleeping goes later. I am not going to get all anxious about it. just keep reading and posting if I can't sleep

I will leave the house tomorrow. Work and then an AA meeting is the plan. This is a small meeting and I only went a few times in Jan/Feb but it was a nice meeting and a good mix. I can do an intro at the start at this meetings format as me back after a slip, then if I get a chance to share great. I know I need to reach out and quickly this time
Hey there, you posted on my thread earlier so thought I'd drop by yours. Day 3 for us both tomorrow! I only just realised, despite your name that you are in the UK....a real Doh moment there! I'm in the UK also so know if you can't sleep tonight and get on the boards I might be here also. I woke up at 2am this morning. Had a horrible nightmare.... I actually murdered someone in my dream last night, it was awful....I woke up in a sweat and frightened. Very strange indeed! Good luck for tomorrow and hope you get some sleep. Love the axe murderer!
Old 08-04-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through both of you!!

The first few days and weeks are the worst, but the good thing is you don't ever have to experience this ever again!!
Old 08-04-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Funtimefranky View Post
Hey there, you posted on my thread earlier so thought I'd drop by yours. Day 3 for us both tomorrow! I only just realised, despite your name that you are in the UK....a real Doh moment there! I'm in the UK also so know if you can't sleep tonight and get on the boards I might be here also. I woke up at 2am this morning. Had a horrible nightmare.... I actually murdered someone in my dream last night, it was awful....I woke up in a sweat and frightened. Very strange indeed! Good luck for tomorrow and hope you get some sleep. Love the axe murderer!
Hi yeah I am UK based. The dreams are the nervous system returning to normal slowly. I didn't have any dreams whilst drunk to passing out stage that I can ever remember. Think some happy thoughts about how life is going to be from now on and we never go back to the drink! And the restful sleep coming soon.

I will post if I am struggling. I got from 12.30 - 4 on day 1 but that weird sleep with closed eyes but you still know exactly what's going on iyswim.

Good luck for some peaceful sleep
Old 08-04-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi yeah I am UK based. The dreams are the nervous system returning to normal slowly. I didn't have any dreams whilst drunk to passing out stage that I can ever remember. Think some happy thoughts about how life is going to be from now on and we never go back to the drink! And the restful sleep coming soon.

I will post if I am struggling. I got from 12.30 - 4 on day 1 but that weird sleep with closed eyes but you still know exactly what's going on iyswim.

Good luck for some peaceful sleep
I'm the same, I rarely had a dream when drinking. I've a new symptom that's come up in the last hour which is an on off ringing in my ears. Not sure what it is but it's annoying. Here's hoping we sleep well tonight.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awake at crazy hour like many early recovery posts I have seen before. I managed to get 5 hours in. Who knows, I may get another nap in before I leave today. Horrible sweats and insomnia but will get through this. Not in a space where I am relaxed enough to watch movies or TV yet so I have relied heavily on SR, posting and reading. Day 3 awaits.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your progress - hope the sleep gets better sthlondonab

D
Old 08-04-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Sthlondonab, 2 days sober is FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awake at crazy hour like many early recovery posts I have seen before. I managed to get 5 hours in. Who knows, I may get another nap in before I leave today. Horrible sweats and insomnia but will get through this. Not in a space where I am relaxed enough to watch movies or TV yet so I have relied heavily on SR, posting and reading. Day 3 awaits.
I should have dropped by earlier, I was up. Managed to get about four hours in. Wanted to wish you the best for today. Whatever happens don't pick up! Happy day 3 to both of us.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Funtime. Determined not to pick up today. I'm not going through the last two days ever again. Daytime feels a little easier, nighttime not so much.

You too! Look forward to seeing a post later on how your day 3 went!