Notices

Day two, need some help

Old 08-06-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Welcome to SR. I'm with Rochele, see your doctor.

You didn't get into this shape in one day, you won't get better in a day. But if you remain sober you will be surprised how much better you will feel in the coming weeks and months.

Stay close to SR and stay strong.
This is so true. Over the period of 10 plus years made you feel this way. Its nothing that you cant overcome though. So stick with it and know the hard part will soon pass or become less hard.

I am a little over a week sober, and slowly I have come around. I use to have withdrawal symptoms that have since become so minor I dont really notice them anymore.

Stay hydrated (drink pedialyte which really helped me big time). Eat well (ie not much fatty meats, some good veggies and some fruits). Sleep!! Maybe try yoga- just google some yoga poses and try them out. It helps with relaxation before bed, or can even help wake you up. Most importantly stay positive. You are going to feel better I promise.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hey FF

That sounds like someone enjoying things that they couldn't or didn't care about just a few days ago! And even if you had done those things last week I bet it was so much better today - no resentments on going, just enjoying the time.

Glad your sleep is coming back. That damn rain got me last night too. Like you I am exhausted today but I am starting to feel the physical stuff lift.

Keep going!
Old 08-06-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post
This is so true. Over the period of 10 plus years made you feel this way. Its nothing that you cant overcome though. So stick with it and know the hard part will soon pass or become less hard.

I am a little over a week sober, and slowly I have come around. I use to have withdrawal symptoms that have since become so minor I dont really notice them anymore.

Stay hydrated (drink pedialyte which really helped me big time). Eat well (ie not much fatty meats, some good veggies and some fruits). Sleep!! Maybe try yoga- just google some yoga poses and try them out. It helps with relaxation before bed, or can even help wake you up. Most importantly stay positive. You are going to feel better I promise.
Thanks Jryan and congratulations on a week sober. It's great that your symptoms are now barely noticeable. Thinking about it, I can definitely say that mine are less frequent. When I was at the park today, there was a guy sitting outside the cafe enjoying a beer and I thought about how nice it would be to sit out in the sun with a cold lager. I felt sad and deprived for a little while after. Thing is, it's just an illusion really. I don't enjoy myself when I'm drunk at all and I doubt I would have stopped at one.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post
Hey FF

That sounds like someone enjoying things that they couldn't or didn't care about just a few days ago! And even if you had done those things last week I bet it was so much better today - no resentments on going, just enjoying the time.

Glad your sleep is coming back. That damn rain got me last night too. Like you I am exhausted today but I am starting to feel the physical stuff lift.

Keep going!
I know! I'm just holding out for the return of my energy. I'm taking my vits every day and eating as well as I can. The strange thing is that I did not really lose my appetite at all. I totally lost the desire to drink anything and had to force myself but eating has been ok. Typical really as I would not have minded losing a pound or two. Glad to hear the physical stuff is lifting for you. I think I can feel a little difference but I don't want to analyse it too much as this energy thing is such a big deal to me. If it does not return and I stay achey, I might have to except the Fybromyalgia diagnosis. That said, I'm feeling confident....after all, I can't feel worse can I?! Day 5 tomorrow, here's for a great day for both of us!
Old 08-06-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Great stuff, FTF. Keep doin' what you are doin'.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firstymer View Post
Great stuff, FTF. Keep doin' what you are doin'.
Thanks for the support Firstymer. It helps knowing there are people cheering me on. :-)
Old 08-06-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Funtimefranky View Post

I would like to lose a few pounds and I think now is a good time to start.

It may seem like I'm over loading myself and if it turns out to be the case I will abort the idea.
we all have our own battles to wage
and some of us are much stronger than others
but
usually it is recommended to new ones in recovery
not to take on too much as far as quitting other things
getting away from the liquid devil can be challenging enough for most

plus ---------- sorry to say
most in early recovery enjoy eating ((a whole lot))
when I was in treatment they pumped the sweets to us
plus we bought more on our own
mixed with plenty of good healthy food
yes -- we all gained some weight while in there

anything is better than drinking -- if alcoholic

MM
Old 08-07-2014, 01:34 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
we all have our own battles to wage
and some of us are much stronger than others
but
usually it is recommended to new ones in recovery
not to take on too much as far as quitting other things
getting away from the liquid devil can be challenging enough for most

plus ---------- sorry to say
most in early recovery enjoy eating ((a whole lot))
when I was in treatment they pumped the sweets to us
plus we bought more on our own
mixed with plenty of good healthy food
yes -- we all gained some weight while in there

anything is better than drinking -- if alcoholic

MM
Thanks for the advice Mountainmanbob, I'll be careful. I gave up fags two months ago and have not gained a single pound so I'm hoping it will be the same again here. I've only about 5 or 6 pounds to lose so nothing major. I remember hearing a while back that all the cakes and sweets given during treatment are done so because the liver requires a lot of carbohydrate to heal. Is there any truth in that do you know? It's something I asked here a couple of days ago. I guess I should just research it.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:00 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

My friends, both normies and sober alcoholics, giggle with me because I always have sweets on my person. Usually Jolly Ranchers. I'd much rather be known as the woman with Jolly Ranchers in her purse than the drunk with the water bottle full of vodka in her purse.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:08 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
My friends, both normies and sober alcoholics, giggle with me because I always have sweets on my person. Usually Jolly Ranchers. I'd much rather be known as the woman with Jolly Ranchers in her purse than the drunk with the water bottle full of vodka in her purse.
For sure! I've seen this happen with x smokers too but it did not happen to me when I gave up fags. I've never had a sweet tooth though....I only eat chocolate maybe twice a year if that and I don't really like cakes. If only I could have said the same for alcohol (roll eyes).
Old 08-07-2014, 02:12 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm moving on to a new thread which I've entitled Day 5 feeling alive! Thank you to everyone who took the time to post and offer me guidance and support... I couldn't have done it with out ya!