Notices

Happy Monday sober friends, what will you do this week?

Old 08-04-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Monday sober friends, what will you do this week?

Hi all, I'm posting like crazy right now. It is 1pm here and a time I normally would be well into my first bottle of wine for the day. Not today, I am here instead.
This time around I'm looking at my sobriety as a completely positive thing (as it is!) and trying to put out any negative thoughts. Prior attempts at quitting I focussed so much on how much I missed alcohol, how angry and bitter I was that I just couldn't drink like a normal person. I imagine this positivity is incredibly irritating to some- I sure would have found it to be just a few weeks ago

That said, if you are feeling positive too, post something great that you plan on doing this week.

I plan on hitting the gym harder than ever, getting all my work done in a timely manner, taking time every day to do something caring for myself (a facial mask, a bath or painting my toenails for example) and spending a lot of quality time with my kids.

How about you?

Day 6 here for me by the way.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

blueberries are 99cents a pint..I'm off to buy about 20 pints, wash/dry them and freeze. Then its back to school shoe shopping for 3 children. Tuesday we are seeing Guardians of the Galaxy. Wed, getting up early, grabbing breakfast to go and walking along the beach by 7a.m with with the kids metal detectors. Thats all the plans so far. All summer try to plan one thing each day, otherwise they'll sit around in the PJ's all day on Ipads. And I do exercise daily, either the gym or home dvd workouts.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I really need to paint my kitchen!
Old 08-04-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Love your positivity Meraviglioso! I love talking products so please DO update with details about your facial Congrats on Day6! Stay busy and focused on your goal. This is a recognizing and letting go of habits and reflexes time period. Very important to stay focused. You can do it.

ESD907 - After you wash, dry, freeze your blueberries...what will you o then? Are you putting them in baggies for future use? Once you freeze them, do you have a time frame you have to use them by? Genuinely curious. Please elaborate

VGF - have you narrowed down a color for your kitchen?

My plans this week include getting ready for the upcoming school year for my 2 goofies. For me, I plan to write out an upcoming calendar to alleviate some pressing stress. Shopping! Maybe a new fluff book from one of my fave stores. An iced coffee. Walking around. Enjoying the summer. I'm sure as the day goes on that I'll think of more things to do. Freeing meals. Boring stuff like that which makes life easier for me.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I use them pretty quickly..I freeze them in quart bags. I usually buy the 3pound frozen bags from BJ's..but when the fresh are cheap, I buy them. Anyway, we go thru a 3 pound bag weekly...so These will not last very long..plus they'll eat a few pints fresh today. I'd imagine they'd last about 3 months in freezer. If you have an Aldi near you, thats where they are on sale until Tuesday.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Think I'll knock back some Jack, cokc the Glock and rob a bank.

Since that's total fantasy I'll just job hunt and keep packing my apartment for the eventual move at lease end.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hehe! Yes, job hunting sounds like a much better idea!
Sounds good folks, it's the little things. Well, painting a kitchen isn't so little....
Old 08-04-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Great idea to focus on the positive. I'll try this too.

I'm going to work and tomorrow go to the DMV because my alcoholic butt hasn't noticed that my license has been expired for 8 months - ooops. Got a ticket for it yesterday but it's my own fault.

And school starts back this week so I'll help my kids with their homework rather than get drunk. =)

That's about it.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

World domination bwhaahhhaaaaahhhhhaaaa
Old 08-04-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

haaahhaa! Dream big letitgo!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 6!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am up without a hangover or foggy head, looking forward to chauffering my kids several places today for mini camps and dental appointments, hopefully not feeling like my body is screaming for a nap. Exercising at some point in there, eating healthy food and concentrating on my mental health in some way. I will either read a recovery book or take a walk and prepare for a sober evening.

Nice not to be dreading any of it.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ESD907 View Post
blueberries are 99cents a pint..I'm off to buy about 20 pints, wash/dry them and freeze. Then its back to school shoe shopping for 3 children. Tuesday we are seeing Guardians of the Galaxy. Wed, getting up early, grabbing breakfast to go and walking along the beach by 7a.m with with the kids metal detectors. Thats all the plans so far. All summer try to plan one thing each day, otherwise they'll sit around in the PJ's all day on Ipads. And I do exercise daily, either the gym or home dvd workouts.
We saw Guardians on Saturday and enjoyed it very much! greay soundtrack and some good humor in it!