SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sobriety is so cool . (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/340922-sobriety-so-cool.html)

DarkDays 08-04-2014 02:48 AM

Sobriety is so cool .

Just looks at my iphone app , 934 days stone cold sober.

Non conformist and cool .

Was at a BBQ thus weekend with heavy drinkers all around , red faces slurring hugging and sentimental . Had a good time really did , just felt so on top of the game , sparkling water and just that feeling " thank god I do not have to be like them anymore " smug yep , but who caress . :)

If your in your early days phase , grind it !

Good things await.

afloatsober 08-04-2014 02:53 AM

Thanks you.
Need some inspiration right now.
That helped.
Have a good day.
G:)

neferkamichael 08-04-2014 02:55 AM

DarkDays, 934 days sober is so FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya. :egypt:

Alphabet 08-04-2014 03:00 AM

Seconding afloat here. It seems so daunting, but at this time (that almost autocorrected to torment appropriately enough) it's important to keep reminding myself that this can get better, easier with time and hard work.

Thank you.

DarkDays 08-04-2014 03:06 AM

Edit : lastly if your near to the brink of drinking after a sobriety attempt . You have to ask yourself if I drink again do I want to drink for the rest of my life ? Or will I want to stop again , because I am **% sure if you are on these boards posting you will want to stop again if you go back to drinking. So you may as we'll just suffer the empty craving feeling now and get it over with and stay stopped, stop prolonging it . You are really giving up nothing and gaining everything .

gettingbetter64 08-04-2014 03:13 AM

934 days is amazing! That's great to hear :)

Dee74 08-04-2014 03:20 AM

congratulations on your sober time DD :)

D

Meraviglioso 08-04-2014 03:46 AM

This is so inspiring. Thank you!

cardoon 08-04-2014 04:08 AM

Love it!

Lucie29 08-04-2014 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by DarkDays (Post 4819330)
Edit : lastly if your near to the brink of drinking after a sobriety attempt . You have to ask yourself if I drink again do I want to drink for the rest of my life ? Or will I want to stop again , because I am **% sure if you are on these boards posting you will want to stop again if you go back to drinking. So you may as we'll just suffer the empty craving feeling now and get it over with and stay stopped, stop prolonging it . You are really giving up nothing and gaining everything .

This really hits home for me. This is my second time getting sober, the first one I went two months then fell off for a few terrible weeks, not back on for three weeks. I keep making past the hard part then falling off when it's supposed to get easier. If I drank again, I would definitely want to quit again, and I don't want to go through the hard part again. It's much easier to suffer through the cravings now. Thank you!

VikingGF 08-04-2014 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by DarkDays (Post 4819330)

Brilliant. Thanks. I'm putting this up in my kitchen on the chalkboard.

afloatsober 08-04-2014 05:59 AM

Lady
You are belting out the wellness today.
And this alcoholic is damn grateful...
Among other things i love this about SR.
If you are looking for inspiration, some understanding or just a plain old kick up the bottom you will find it somewhere here.
Above all you will find proof that it can and is being done contentedly.
Thanks again.
G:)

PurpleKnight 08-04-2014 06:31 AM

934 Days is fantastic!! :You_Rock_

ElleDee 08-04-2014 06:33 AM

That's awesome. Don't feel like you're better than those people... remember where you came from.

soberlicious 08-04-2014 06:40 AM

Darkdays, I love your outlook! Being a nondrinker is seriously cool. Many people won't set themselves apart from the herd in any way. They are too scared. Eschewing substances because you prefer life without them, because you are comfortable in your own skin, well that's a form of fearlessness. It's a beautiful thing really. The epitome of cool.

aborkie 08-04-2014 07:23 AM

I used to think non-drinkers were dorks, but now I'm a total dork. I love having a clear head all the time.

bblackbirdflyy 08-04-2014 09:10 AM

I want to be like dark days. :love: nice post!

soberclover 08-04-2014 10:06 AM

I agree with many things DarkDays said. Now that I'm creeping towards 2 years, I find it harder and harder to say, think, want, and desire to be sloppy, messy, stupid drunk. I USED to fool myself by thinking it was the "red wine buzz" that I wanted. But REALLY what the alcoholic me wanted was total obliteration as I drank WAY beyond the buzz. There is nothing and I mean nothing classy about being drunk. I want people to remember the classy me; not the drunk. Great post DarkDays....congrats on your time and that you for being continuing inspiration on SR!

Buggirl 08-04-2014 10:11 AM

That's awesome! Thanks and well done!

ang3line 08-04-2014 10:24 AM

We are a blessed lot, we in recovery. We survived and are given great reward!

Thanks DarkDays, and great message for those new to it, but also remember our grind can never stop!

Can't Stop, Won't Stop.