Notices

Anyone here that used to make home made wine?

Old 08-03-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Staying sober is about choices. Each day we are faced with choices that move us toward sobriety or away. Dumping or keeping the wine will be one of thousands you will have over the years.

I look at each choice I make and I almost never make a choice that moves me away from sobriety.

The question is are you willing to make the right choice?
Old 08-03-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Dumping them sounds like a very good idea.

Although somewhat different, I had quite a large collection of scotch bottles in my pantry (empties), very expensive scotch I had blown money on and downed over the years. It had been a way for me to brag to other people about my money and drinking prowess, and a reminder of my love for the bottle. Even though they were empty, part of me getting sober was tossing every single one of them. They were a shrine to alcohol and the old me, a person I've left behind and no longer wish to be.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Give it to your old drinking buddies. I once dropped off several bottles of high dollar booze to my friend, and he asked me "Are you OK man ?" I said yes Im fine. that way you wont have wasted your effort, and you can keep your sobriety intact. My two cents.

OldSkool
Old 08-04-2014, 12:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldSkool View Post
Give it to your old drinking buddies. I once dropped off several bottles of high dollar booze to my friend, and he asked me "Are you OK man ?" I said yes Im fine. that way you wont have wasted your effort, and you can keep your sobriety intact. My two cents.

OldSkool
When I thought of doing this I realized that I did not want to contribute any more to my friends killing themselves, regardless of whether they were going to continue or not on their own.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leviathan View Post
got a pistol? -man. that would be a hoot!
Yeah I got one, but no where to shoot bottles legally.

I think the problem was I hadn't made up my mind and had an exact plan for what to do with them, so the thought of possibly drinking them was lingering in the back of my mind, since the decision on what exactly to do with it all was up in the air.

Another issue is that no one was home and I was sitting there on the couch, just thinking and staring...I need to quit doing that!
That's what I used to do when I was drinking- just sit there and think....I notice when I am doing that, that's when my mind starts racing and I have anxiety. I have to learn how to keep busy and at least watch TV if I am tired.

And yes someone mentioned that making home made wine was possibly some stupid hobby I did while I was at the house drinking and they were 100% correct. I barely even remember making any of the batches because I would just sit around and drink while I made the wine.
Someone mentioned pistols I have a reloading bench. I need to replace making wine with making ammo

Anyways I came up with a concrete plan. I am going to bottle the remaining wine and give that, along with a leftover case of beer to some friends of my girlfriend. They can do whatever they want with it. I don't care and don't want to know.

Once again I want to thank everyone for your support, which gave me strentgh in a time of weakness and unhealthy thinking. This site has already saved me several times and probably pushed me to quit in the first place.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Im mostly shocked that you can't find a place to shoot bottles with a pistol in Texas. TEXAS!

lol
Old 08-05-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good choice! AV-0, You-1.

I know that was REALLY hard so great for you.