Notices

At rock concert...strength

Old 08-03-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Speaking of music, my 13-yr-old son loves a band called Daft Punk. I haven't even bothered to hear their music! I used to drag my mother to my room all the time to listen to songs I liked, mainly when I didn't understand the meaning so it was usually songs by Echo and the Bunnymen (as many really make no sense), Joy Division, New Order, The Cure...

so today I am going to listen to Daft Punk and take some interest in my son's life!
Old 08-03-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

For those of us with kids
Creed - With Arms Wide Open - YouTube
Old 08-03-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Do you take your son along to any concerts?
Great are taking an active part in his music.
Sometimes, that's a difficult thing to do if, the music isn't particularly appeasing to the ear
Old 08-03-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjuly View Post
Speaking of music, my 13-yr-old son loves a band called Daft Punk. I haven't even bothered to hear their music! I used to drag my mother to my room all the time to listen to songs I liked, mainly when I didn't understand the meaning so it was usually songs by Echo and the Bunnymen (as many really make no sense), Joy Division, New Order, The Cure...

so today I am going to listen to Daft Punk and take some interest in my son's life!
Oh soberj, how could you have not heard of Daft Punk! Well, it's nice to hear someone from the US getting into music from outside US shores!

I was in SF last year and playing Australian music at one of the places I was staying, and people were like whoa, what IS that?

We are lucky here, I think, music-wise because we get the best of all worlds, then mix it up ourselves.