Notices

Last night

Old 08-02-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Last night

After I left work last night, I was so miserable. I felt like my life was over. I wanted nothing but to drink and drink and drink. I told myself that if the sun was shining, I'd leave work and head to a wine bar for a glass of wine. It rained heavily. With a heavy heart, I headed home. After a while, I settled into playing a computer game. By the time I woke up this morning, I felt good and the craving had gone! Completely gone. I can't believe by the grace of god it rained. How different I might be feeling today if it hadn't. I am 10 weeks sober now. Has anybody else had any close calls?
Old 08-02-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

10 Weeks is fantastic!! . . . Great job on pushing through!!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

About 3 or 4 weeks into sobriety, on a Saturday night, I had said to myself "EFF it, I'm bored, can't take this, just gonna go to the bar." I was sure I would. Then I got a grip and realized it was AV. I texted a sober friend I met in outpatient, we talked a bit. I meditated too, then the urge was gone. Haven't had a moment like this once, but very happy I didn't act on it. As you said, urges and cravings pass, often occupying ourselves for a few minutes is enough to do the trick. And the morning after feels GREAT.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great job on 10 weeks Mario
Old 08-02-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was talking to a work colleague yesterday who said he'd been drinking more than the norm lately - told me the anxiety after was crippling. That was a reminder of how I used to feel, all the time. He planned to have a pint at lunch, which I told him in what I hoped wasn't a condescending way that it wasn't a good idea. I used to feel like I was the only one in the world who got post drink anxiety. Turns out everyone does! Even macho guys. Was a real eye opener.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 10 weeks Mario

A lot of us have had what some people call 'God Shots'. Whatever the reason, I'm glad you're sober today

D
Old 08-02-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Proud of you SM!

I had close calls for about the first 3 months. After that, very rarely. I was through being resentful, angry, and sorry for myself I guess. It is an adjustment, but you can do it. Good job on distracting yourself and not caving.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on ten weeks sober!